Hello from Lily and her fur mom!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jessica Knight, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica Knight

Jessica Knight New Member

Just wanted to introduce ourselves! Lily is an 11 or 12 years old ginger lady and has been on the diabetes journey for the last 5 years. She's been happily managed for awhile, until a few months ago, when we had her first hypo and what seems to be a bad flare of pancreatitis, which all resulted in her being diagnosed with DKA a few days later :( But she is back to being well managed, has put on weight, and is her normal happy self!

Navigating this all for 5 years has certainly been a challenge, and she's not one to follow the rules, it seems, when it comes to her diabetes. But we're happy that its been treatable, and that she is such a sweet girl and is such a trooper to deal with all the shots and blood checks. Wouldn't have our sweet girl any other way! She loves her momma but is also a daddy's girl for sure.

Glad to have found this resource!

Here's our girl, holding my hand during a snuggle session
    [​IMG]

Ville likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Awww, sweet. Welcome!

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I *love* orange girls, so much less common than the orange boys. She's very pretty. Poor girl to have been through so much, but so glad that she made it through DKA -- All of you are clearly fighters!

I am in Raleigh as well, about 9 miles straight north of Crabtree Valley Mall. If there is anything that I can do for you, just let me know!

Best,
    Sandi.

5. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Welcome to you and Lily!

6. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome Jessica & Lily!

7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Jessica and Lily, I love the avatar pic. Very cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.