Hello from Louie and me

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by EileenC, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EileenC

EileenC New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted to introduce myself and Louie, my 8 1/2 year old guy, who was diagnosed in late March. Working very closely with our vet (who's awesome) we were hoping to manage Louie's diabetes with diet, but he's a picky eater when it comes to wet food, so it's been a bit of a challenge. We're planning to start insulin after a vet visit tomorrow. I've been doing home testing and Louie's numbers have ranged from 250-338. Louie's a real trooper about being tested: he sits on my lap and purrs as I do the ear stick. We fortunate to have a wonderful vet and support from the rescue (Ohio Alleycat Resource) that I adopted Louie from four years ago. Unrelated to the diabetes, Louie is FIV+ (and has been otherwise healthy) and lives happily with three negative cats. That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as time goes on. Thank you!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  2. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome :cat:

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. I've an FIV+ former mama cat and her 2 kids, along with a several other cats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.