Hello from Melanie, cat brothers Duffy and Maguffin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melanie Lee, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie Lee

Melanie Lee New Member

I am a retired, full-time cat lady with three cats. We live outside of Seattle. Huckle is 17, was a little black stray when he streaked into my house and heart. He is arthritic, but has never been sick. Duffy and Maguffin are 10 year old brothers from the same litter of beautiful Snowshoes. Duffy was healthy until being diagnosed with FD a few months ago. His brother Maguffin has had multiple health struggles. I learned from a wonderful feline asthma online group to order the prohibitably expensive Flovent (inhaled steroid) from Vanuatu to enable me to keep his severe asthma under control. He has also had more than one severe episode of feline idiopathic cystitis. He was diagnosed with feline diabetes several months earlier than his brother. I was very afraid of dealing with the needles. They both experienced cement boots--excessive urine added to clumping cat litter. Providing quality of life and good in home care for three cats with such different needs seems impossible at times. The expense of Maguffin's asthma medication, foods which address all three of his conditions, as well as insulin and other supplies, is overwhelming. I hope to learn from others on the forum and to share experiences with others who understand.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Melanie and fur kids. There is a wealth of information here on the board as well as a very supportive community. We can help with learning to treat the diabetes, and getting more comfortable with home testing and insulin shots. Please post on the Main Health forum so more members can read about your concerns and respond. Tell us what kind of insulin, what dosage, what type of kitty food, and if you are already home testing or not, for starters.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! We would love to see photos of your babies. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.