Hello from Mi-kee and his slave? servant? Master and commander?? LOL Kevin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kevin McKinney, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin McKinney

Kevin McKinney New Member

I have been working on Mi-kee for over three months with a roller coaster on his results but will find the proper ongoing dosage and get him all on the up and up! I hope to find other Sugarcat people such as myself in the Metro Denver, Co. area and hope to hear from any and all! I have questions regarding foods (both wet and dry) and fridge life of Lantus as I keep finding contradictions on it nearly daily! And would be willing to travel to meet someone that can help (I'll buy the coffee!) as all the lists I have found regarding cat foods are all 6 to 10 years old! I am past the panic and running around in circles stage and want to make sure that I don't make the "Cure" worse than the cause! Kevin

P.S. you can tell by the attached photo who runs the household! LOL

Attached Files:

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

He is totally adorable!! I'm from NJ and my cat is cc.

Welcome! Lots of help here. First off food.... Most of us here feed fancy feast classic (no gravy food!!!) or Friskies pate foods. The ONLY diabetic friendly dry foods are Evo cat and kitten in the purple bag and my favorite Young Again Zero carb food. If you want a free sample of the Young Again Zero carb food you can email or call them and they will send it to you. Youngagainpetfood.com. I credit Young Again for getting CC into remission. (Along with lots of testing and dosing tweaks). Even the prescription dry foods are too high in carb count. The goal is to keep the carbs under 10%.

Are you home testing? This is the spreadsheet that folks here use. We put a link to it in our signature so that others can easily see the readings and make dose suggestions. It's an amazing tool. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

I am not a lantus user so I'll let someone else comment on that, but I know many of us that use it order the pens (from a cheap pharmacy in Canada) because the poems hold a smaller quantity so there dollar stretches further as it doesn't expire where they are tossing unused insulin.

3. Pati

Pati Member

Hi Keven. Welcome. That's a good looking boy you've got! If you post your specific questions on the Feline Health and the Lantus forum you will get replies. I know people have been working on an updated food list.

4. Kevin McKinney

HEY! Thank ou very much for the reply and the posting information ( will save me from having to read every thread and its posts just to make sure I have right thread!) LOL Kevin

Pati likes this.
  5. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful kitty! I'm new here so useless of info. :)

6. Kevin McKinney

I see alot of information listed here but like most things is is asking the right question that is needed to get the right answers and they may NOT be what e want to hear they may still be helpful in the long run!

7. Kevin McKinney

Yes, he is a great looking boy but has the attitude to match and is as fussy as the name Mikey implies! Won't eat most fish type cat foods but will eat regular tuna, loves beef but will not eat crab, lobster or even shrimp! and he definitely does NOT like the ear testing or the injections regardless of where I inject him! Guess its time to post some questions! LOL Have a great day! Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.