Hello from Mr Bo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mr Bo's Mam, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bo's Mam

Mr Bo's Mam New Member

Our lovely ginger and white (neutered) tom who is around 12 yrs old was diagnosed with diabetes about three weeks ago. He is on insulin twice a day (1.5 units) but his count was still high when checked at our vets on Monday (29 and that was 7 hours after his last insulin injection), I am very anxious about him and would appreciate some tips / help. I would like to buy a good quality food that will help him and also would appreciate advice on blood monitors etc. for home testing We are in the UK. Thank you all in advance!

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Welcome Mr. Bo and what is your mom's name?

What insulin are you on?

What food is Mr. Bo eating now?

Here are a couple of links to food and glucometers and other things available in the UK. Put together by some of our other members. Just click on the blue highlighted text to open each link.
    UK Cat Food List
    UK Cat Food list includes some supplies (FDMB post by Elizabeth and Bertie)

There is a ton in info in just those 2 links, so take your time, read and reread them and then if you have questions let us know.

To help us help you better, there are also a couple of things you can do. I know it's a lot to ask, so when you can do the following 2 things, we sure would appreciate it.

How to Help Us Help You
    Editing Your Signature and Profile
    Feline Health - (The Main Forum) is the best place for your questions.

Deep breath, hold, release, deep breath, hold, release, deep breath, hold, release, deep breath, hold, release,.....

The message board is a bit quite this week, as people are spending time with friends and family during the holidays. So it may take some time to get answers back to you.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This is the intro and welcome forum. Best to post your questions over in Feline Health. And welcome!

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!
    Looking forward to seeing you over on the main forum :)

Mr Bo's Mam likes this.
  5. Mr Bo's Mam

Mr Bo's Mam New Member

Hi Deb, thank you for your comments and the links. My name is Ruth. Mr Bo is my husband's cat. We are experienced cat parents and have previously cared for cats with pancreatitis, mouth cancer and auto immune anaemia. I have so very concerned about our lovely boy Mr Bo. I plan to order the glucose monitor today / tomorrow from Amazon and can call into Pets at Home the day after tomorrow so I can get a better food for him. Any and all advice much appreciated. Thank you x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.