Hello from Rocket!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen&Rocket, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Hi all, I'm doing this a bit backwards since I've been lurking the forums for a while, and just posted a question in the Feline Health forum. So, I thought I'd finally post an intro thread. Rocket is 10, and my absolute love... he's chatty, super affectionate, and the heart of our house. He was diagnosed with diabetes in February of this year, after my husband and I noticed he was thirstier and more food-obsessed than usual. :( This website has been so comforting to us, and I really appreciate being able to learn from all of your stories and experience. It's overwhelming for sure, but I'm going to learn as much as I can to try to keep my Rocket as healthy and happy as possible.

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Rocket! Cute kitty:cat:

Lots of support here.

One thing that would help is if you can set up a signature with particulars like his weight, diagnosis date, type of food, other health conditions, type of insulin, etc. this will help other members to answer your questions and not have to repeatedly ask about the basics of your cat.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Once signature is set up it will be easier to assist with advice.:)

3. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. Your kitty is gorgeous!!! I just set up a basic signature - no spreadsheet yet, as we just started home testing. I'm going to do our first curve on my next day off work, so I'll add that soon. ^.^

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Reason for edit: signature/spreadsheet info
  4. Julie and Honey

Good you are home testing and on low carb food. You are an old pro already, lol.

I see you are using Prozinc, you can get some good advice on that forum specific to that insulin also.

Karen&Rocket likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Rocket is a looker!!!! Does he need a girl friend, I'm sure Ollie would be interested.

6. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

LOL!!! Ollie is lovely; I'll ask Rocket if he's interested in a long-distance relationship (we're in CA). :p

7. Julie and Honey

Oh boy, it is kitty matchmaking, lol.

Karen&Rocket likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.