Hello from Sweden from Bonnie and Oreo Joe

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bonnie & Oreo Joe, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

I will be 71 next week and we guess at Oreo Joe's age as he was a summer cat, meaning a family adopted him when he was probably 3 months old and took him camping for the summer and left him behind. He was taken to the shelter by the last camper to leave. Probably 6 months and then he was in a cage waiting for a forever home for 2½ years. This was in 2013. He has been a scared cat and it has taken a long time to get where we are today. 8 months ago was the first time I could stand and pick him up.
    I was here many years ago with my precious Cessan a rescue from a ditch almost dead. This group saved her life and she lived without insulin many years dying of kidney failure in 2013 after picking out Oreo Joe from pictures on the pc screen. She was 19½ years old.
    So I am here with a surprise of another diabetic cat after he has been fed a diabetic diet all these years. I will be happy to meet the brilliant people on this board. I need help and I know I will get it here. Hugs, Bonnie

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bonnie and Oreo Joe! Sorry you have to be here but glad you came. :)

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

We got the same surprise, I wonder what the look on my face was that day. Welcome back.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Welcome Bonnie and Oreo Joe! I love that name! Do you have a picture of him?

5. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

Yes I see upload a file I will see if that is what I do. He is a tuxedo and when I was a kid I had one so much like him named Joey Roger wanted Oreo because of the cookie. So he got both names. He can't get to his house and he is so sad. He would climb in turn his back and we couldn't find him. lol He likes to hang like in the picture and stare at me.

Attached Files:

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

When their arms (legs) hang out like that we call it "Driving the bus". That's a cat all right!
    :bighug:

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

What a good looking guy! I am rather fond of tuxedos myself. :)

8. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

LOL Never heard that! he can't get up there or on his window sills even the ones with flower pot sills. Squeezes through his cat door to go on the enclosed porch. I said when we got him I am not going to have a diabetic cat that needs insulin he better be healthy as the shelters vet said. We then spent 250 dollars to get rid of the worst case of ear mites the vet had ever seen. We did RX at home and then the vet knocked him out to deep clean 2 times. It was awful. I knew that was a sign then!! Love Canada.

9. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

Thank you!!

10. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Bonnie and Oreo! :cat:

Bonnie & Oreo Joe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.