Hello.. I am Marissa's mom

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nodakgirl, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodakgirl

Nodakgirl New Member

Marissa was diagnosed with diabetes the end of November this year. I originally took her in for a suspected UTI which she in fact did have. But that is when the diabetes was also discovered. I am still in the process of trying to get Marisa's insulin regulated. She is on three units of Lantus twice a day and her numbers are still running in the 350s to 450s. I always test her before I give her insulin so I'm hoping to stay on top of that. I would gladly accept any tips or help on things I could do to help get her regulated sooner. Thanks...

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. You are in the right place to get some additional information and advice. It would be very helpful if you would make your signature so that Marissa's pertinent info is available with your posts. Here is a link on how to do that:
    SIGNATURE Please include somewhere either in your profile or your signature a geographic location. We have members all over the world and sometimes we need to know what time it is where you are.
    We also use a spreadsheet to record the insulin shot time/dosage as well as all the testing data. This is invaluable information that helps advising members to see patterns and how the insulin is working for Marissa. Here is a link to the area where you will find the spreadsheet instructions, and info about understanding the spreadsheet grid: SPREADSHEET
    It would be a good idea to post in the Main Health forum with your concerns and questions, more eyes on that forum to help with issues: MAIN If you like you can just copy and paste your message here in a new thread there. Tell us what kind of food Marissa gets, how often do you feed her, how often do you test? Does Marissa have any other health issues or concerns?
    We are here to help and I know members will be responding to you about Marissa. :cat:

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

Is great that you are already at a very good start with testing !!

To help see what's going on if you could get some tests mid cycle (a cycle is a 12 hour period between shoots ) that would be great.

Also since you are using Lantus this is the link to the Lantus forum where you will find a lot of very good information about this insulin, and people with a lot of experience using it http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-basaglar-glargine-and-levemir-detemir.9/

4. Nodakgirl

Nodakgirl New Member

I thank you both for your quick responses and I will follow up with your suggestions. Happy to feel like I have a support system!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.