Hello I am new here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kaitlyn, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member

Hello my name is Kaitlyn, my senior cat was diagnosed with diabetes last night. I am looking for support as well as answers to a few questions I have! I am located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and would love to know if theres anyone local to help me out! :) thanks all. I added a picture of the old man for fun.

Attached Files:

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Kaitlyn. You will find lots of support here, as well as invaluable information about feline diabetes and treatment. Your kitty is adorable. Did the vet do a blood draw or a fructosimine test to diagnose? Has kitty been unwell, excessively thirsty and/or urinating a lot more than usual? Has the vet prescribed insulin treatment, diet change and home testing? Those are the three basic components of diabetes treatment and we can help you learn about each of them.
    We have many Canadian members, but I don't know if any live in your area. You can bring questions and concerns to the Main Health forum so that more members can meet you and offer support and information. Here is a link to that forum:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/
    There is great information for beginners in the Getting Started and Education sections on the right side of the Home page. Also, check out the FAQs forum. There are links there to an Index and critically important Hypo information that every sugar cat parent needs to know. Here's a link to the FAQs forum: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/health-links-faqs-about-feline-diabetes.14/
    Best wishes going forward. :cat:

3. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member

Yes the vet drew his blood and diagnosed him. She has recommended 2 units twice a day. I have him on the Hill m/d right now but am looking for other options as I have heard it may not be the best! I will begin my searching of the forums to see whaf I can find!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.