Hello I'm new, I'd love some help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tamala Poljak, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamala Poljak

Tamala Poljak New Member

Hello I'm new, I'd love some help. My cat Carter was diagnosed with diabetes this week. My vet is saying home testing (blood glucose) isn't necessary. I would love to hear from some of you what your thoughts are. I am also looking for affordable ways to get Lantus and syringes. I am living alone with limited income, however I am committed to helping my sweet angel the best I can. Thanks for being here. Warmly, Tamala

2. burtgummer

burtgummer New Member

Hi there I just joined myself and people here gave me some great info which will answer most of your questions
    Just look for my post "the vet called me today" and you can find all the info.I just joined here and people are very helpful

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to you and Carter. The diagnosis of diabetes for our furry friends is indeed scary and overwhelming and can seem pricey but we have all sorts of tips and tricks up our sleeves to keep the costs quite manageable and keep our kitties safe and in better health.

As @burtgummer said, they had some of the same questions you do, so definitely check out this thread.

This is just a welcome mat, so I would suggest you post over in the Health forum HERE with any questions/concerns etc. to get more eyes on it as we generally avoid giving specific information in this forum as there isn't much traffic and all info here is peer reviewed.:)

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Testing is so so important!!!! So glad you are pursuing it despite what your vet said. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

5. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Welcome Ms. Carter and her mom Tamla!

6. Cris-Merlin(GA)& the pack

Cris-Merlin(GA)& the pack Member

Welcome Carter and welcome Tamla. You've come to the right place. Trust me, the people here are amazing.

You could check online pharmacies, they might have some pricey shipping but the lower prices balance it out. In my case I had a hard time getting to the vet to buy insulin and none of the local pharmacies carried the one i needed.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.