Hello! I've been lurking for two years now...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Genlilliana, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genlilliana

Genlilliana New Member

I have two brothers, adopted as babies from the local no-kill group in my area. They are the best, most mellow cats I've ever had! We really got them for our daughter as our pets were very old when she was born and passed away when she was young. Anyways, the fat one (Fred) has a nice white and brown cow pattern to him...is the first that was diagnosed. He's pretty well regulated now. His brother, Barney (big orange tabby, like Morris the cat!) was recently diagnosed too (a few months ago.) We haven't been able to regulate him as easily.

They are both on vetsulin; 2 units each / 2x day. I've remarried, but have a teen to raise and limited income. I couldn't afford the longer lasting insulin the vet wanted me to try. I also have a chronic illness that came back a few years ago and that adds to the financial challenges. Thankfully, this site helped me find inexpensive needles for them - so I'm saving in that area!

So that's what we have for diabetics...then we have another cat (girl) and she's got a funky cough that requires antibiotics and lysine for a stretch over the winter each year. We also have two dogs...when I got married we combined our pets. They all get along - we were very conscientious about introducing them. We are very lucky.

Thank you all for the advice and articles you've put on this forum - they've been so helpful! I'm off to post about a current issue I can't seem to find an answer on...take care! Here are the diabetics...Fred and Barney. IMG_1865 crop.jpg IMG_1240.JPG

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Fred, Barney, and crew! :). Will look for your post on Main Health :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.