Hello, just joined forum.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by flynn_cat_mom, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynn_cat_mom

flynn_cat_mom New Member

Hello,

My cat Flynn was diagnosed this past summer. I am so glad to have found you. I posted in the Lantus forum this question. But maybe it is better here.

I have been stuck to the every 12 hours feeding and shot twice a day with such strictness that my grown kids are complaining. Tomorrow I am going out with a friend and we have bought tickets to a movie. This will make me a little over an hour late feeding Flynn and giving his shot. What makes matters worse is that with Christmas the next day, I am supposed to be at my daughter's house very early in the morning. So I will be late with the evening dose and then a little over an hour early with the morning dose. Will that be OK? Should I give a little less insulin with the morning dose?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What is Lantus dose and what are BG when on a 12 hour schedule?
    If yo are not home testing it migh be best to give thedose late tonight and then skip the morning dose. With experience one can shot with that type of schedule.A couble of years ago my cats wire on an 16/8 hour schedule on the weekends

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Another option is to do 2 18 hour intervals. It may not be ideal, but works to provide at least some accomocation to odd schedules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.