Hello, new diabetic.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HK987, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HK987

HK987 New Member

Hi everyone,
    My hubby and I just found out our 7 yr old boy Sensei is diabetic. We've been through a couple glucose curves, immediate dietary changes, and insulin adventures so far since the diagnosis two weeks ago. Been a lurker around here since then and found so much helpful info for my own fears, concerns, and general info purposes. Looking forward to learning more.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

HK987 likes this.
  3. HK987

HK987 New Member

Thank you! We are so relieved to have found a community of other cat parents dealing with the same things.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Well if we can help in any way, post either on the main health forum, or on the forum for the specific insulin you are using.

If you go to your account on the top you can select signature and add info about your cat on there for us to refer to without asking 100 times. Include name, date diagnosed, insulin type and dose, food you're feeding any other health concerns, and whatever else you want.

HK987 likes this.
  5. HK987

HK987 New Member

Janet, Okay! Sounds good! I did that, except I think I put all that info in my bio, not the signature, oops. Still figuring out navigating around here. Thank you so much for the help and advice so far! It helps so much, and very appreciated.
    HK

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Sensei! He's awfully cute! :)

HK987 likes this.
  7. HK987

HK987 New Member

Kris and Teasel,
    Thank you! We agree, he is completely adorable, spoiled rotten, and a total daddy's boy.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.