Hello - OTJ since 2009 but have questions about other medical problems

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laurie and Oscar, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie and Oscar

Laurie and Oscar New Member

Hello All,
    Oscar and I are returning after going OTJ about 7 years ago :) with the help of all the AWESOME people here. We dropped off the face of the earth because we had some pretty major life changes... but we landed on our feet. My poor sweet 16 yo boy is currently being treated for CRF and a UTI and hyperthyroidism... his blood glucose has been good. I am concerned though that he might have some other things going on that are being missed and this is the most knowledgable cat community out there. I was wondering if there is any advice on where to post more details or where to go for a little more help. It has been a while and I am out of the loop so to speak.

I would also like to say to everyone who is here that this is truly one of the best steps you can take for your sugar baby... There is so much wonderful support and advice here. If you are knew to this please hang in there and try to not get frustrated.. It gets easier.

Thank you

2. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

This site is an invaluable resource for kidney cats: http://felinecrf.org/

There is a yahoo support group for cats with renal failure, I think it is a little more helpful than the Tanya group but it is pretty good also.

3. Laurie and Oscar

Laurie and Oscar New Member

Thank you so much!! I will check them out right now :)

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

You will get the best response to general medical questions posting in the main health forum.

Congrats for 7 years :otj:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.