hello out there!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fradysmom, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fradysmom

Fradysmom New Member

Hi there--I'm Frady's Mom. Frady Cat is a 14 year old Tabby, very recently diagnosed with FD, most likely triggered by a whopping dose (20 mg) of prednisolone for several weeks, administered for a pancreatitis attack. His Vet stretched the time period because he developed an ongoing case of diarrhea. But she never looked at Diabetes as a cause.

When he started crashing, we rushed him to the Pet ER and of course from bloodwrk and urinalysis they found FD. I'm not new to FD, but my experience was 20+ years ago--and believe me it was a whole different ball game back then! Not much info available and not much help. So much different today, especially this website.

Just wanted to intro myself. I have to admit I have wandered all over this site trying to find where to post to.. it's a little confusing, but I'm glad I found you guys!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh poor kid, ending up in the ER! Was he in DKA (diabetic misdiagnosis), or did the diarrhea or something else take you there?

Yep you could be right about the steroid. My first diabetic cat's diagnosis happened after steroids for a skin condition.

We can help both with the diabetes, and with this site. Don't worry if you post in the wrong place, wherever you end up we will get you to the right place.

Looking forward to getting to know you both better!
    Sandi & Whisper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.