Hello! So happy to find this place.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lady Tiegra, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Tiegra

Lady Tiegra New Member

Hello. I am so relieved to find this place . Last Thursday I found out our 9 year old girl Wibble (short for Adorwibble husband named her not me!) Was diabetic. She is the oldest amongst our fur babies (We have three boy cats too). Quite frankly it's been a shock. We are already somewhat familiar with diabetes as my husband has it (it also runs very strongly in his family) and so does my stepfather. Finding out that our cat had it just made it that much more of a family affair. Quite frankly we are on a very fixed budget and this has been a shock for finances as well. I actually found this site looking for information on the different types of insulin versus the cost. This is been rather overwhelming. We love our fur babies very much and think of them as our kids seeing as we have no interest in having our own. My husband was almost in tears when he realized that we were going to have to give our daughter her shots. Looking forward to talking to people who understand what we're going through. It looks like this website is full of wonderful information and pet loves who care. So thank you for reading this and looking forward to talking to you all. Warmest regards, Lady Tiegra

Magic Johnson likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome... Sorry about the diagnosis. Well the food news is you already have a meter to take her bg readings.

Which insulin is she on? If lantus you can get it cheaper through marks marine pharmacy. Although if your husband uses it you can get it even cheaper through his insurance. ;)

A good place to get syringes and lancets is Adwdiabetes.com

beggargirl likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I can see how Wibble got her name!!!

4. Lady Tiegra

Lady Tiegra New Member

The vet has her on ProZinc. So far she's only had one blood test but the vet seem to be happy with it. And truthfully I was in such shock I didn't know weather a human blood machine would work for her. I'm considering buying her her own as a grocery store here sells them pretty cheap. Didn't know cats could use human insulin. Just kind of did everything the vet told us to do and just now looking into it.

5. Lady Tiegra

Lady Tiegra New Member

Yah she is super cute

Sharon14 and Magic Johnson like this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

A lot of people on here use Walmart brand Relion micro or confirm meter.

I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

Lady Tiegra and Magic Johnson like this.
  7. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Oooh a Tuxedo!! :bighug:

Lady Tiegra likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your kitty! She's very cute. :)

Lady Tiegra likes this.
  9. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.