Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissCodyCatCow

MissCodyCatCow New Member

Our cat Cody was diagnosed last November. It's been a learning curve for sure. This whole forum is complicated for me, I just get overwhelmed an don't know where to look for what. My anxiety kicks in an i just close the page :) Is there a link or something I can just click and it will take me to a place that shows me what foods I can feed Cody? Thanks for the help.

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Yes the forum can be a bit overwhelming when you first get here, especially when already feeling overwhelmed with dealing with a diabetic cat. I do home-cooking and I couldn't find the link right off for good foods for diabetic kitties...sorry. To get information on foods and advice on diabetes, if you require it the best place to do a new post is in the main Health section:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

You can start a new post and out a title of something like "Need food advice". When you do the title there is a section on the left that says "No Prefix" If you click on that you can select the "?" icon. That will get you more attention for your question.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to you and Cody. :)

I fully understand that feeling of being overwhelmed and then having to 'walk away' from things. I've had PTSD for years and I react very similarly when I'm confronted with a lot of information, especially when it's new; and the more important it is for me to understand the more anxious and overwhelmed I get.

The members here are really kind and friendly. If you need someone to help you find links to the information you need. Any time you need information on a topic, I suggest that you post a thread on Feline Health with the topic you're interested in as the title of the thread, briefly explain that trying to find things makes you anxious/overwhelmed and ask for members to post helpful links for you. I'm sure anyone reading your threads will be more than happy to help: many people here have helped me in this way. Hopefully doing this might make things a little less overwhelming for you. :)

:bighug:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.