Hello

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Judyneed, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judyneed

Judyneed New Member

Hi, my name is Judy and I'm new to this site. I have 6 children, 3 are furry and 3 are not. The 3 furry ones are all from the same litter and 8 years old. The one we call baby boy was diagnosed with diabetes 2 months ago. We are sad, scared and confused. I stumbled across this site. while looking for help and it has given us hope. Thank you all.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Judy and Baby Boy. Welcome! :bighug:

It can be a bit overwhelming at first finding out that one of our kitties is diabetic. But diabetes is treatable. And with good care a diabetic cat can live as long and as happily as a non-diabetic. (My cat was also diagnosed with diabetes at age 8, and he's just coming up to his 20th birthday.)
    Furthermore, some cats will go into remission from their diabetes and be able to become diet-controlled, temporarily or permanently.
    There may seem to be a lot to take in at first. But caring for a diabetic cat should soon get easier, and most find that it even becomes routine.

This is a great community of people for advice and support. Do post any specific questions or concerns you might have in the 'main forum'.

Eliz

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. We are here to help

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, you have come to the right place to get help and learn how to help Baby Boy.

6. Judyneed

Judyneed New Member

Thank you. Can you recommend a home testing meter please.

7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Judy, it would be a good idea to post this question on the Main forum. There is information about meters here on the board and normally I would give you a link to it. However, I am away from home, and just using my kIndle, never could figure out how to copy and paste a link with it :banghead: You will get response on the Main forum about both pet and human meters.
    Many of us use human meters for cost and convenience sake, strips are less expensive. I use a Relion Confirm from Walmart, but in their wisdom they have discontinued the line. Just try to find something that takes the smallest amount of blood. I am so happy you are going to home test, one of the best first steps (and continuing) you can take. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.