Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hello! My name is Sara and I am mom to 3 handsome male beef hunks. Mr. Kitty came to us as a stray 5 years ago and we think he’s approximately 12 now. He’s the sweetest cat and it breaks my heart that he was diagnosed with diabetes on 11/30/18. I’m so glad to have found this group because I’m really struggling with my emotions - I know it will get better but it makes me so sad. Thanks for all the support!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for support and lots of tips and tricks to make your feline diabetes journey a bit easier. Come to the Main health forum to ask any questions you have and also check out the Community and Off Topic section for a little fun and camaraderie

Sara and Mr. Kitty likes this.
  3. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Mr. Kitty. We all can empathize with the feelings about diabetes diagnosis. But with the information and support you will find here, life with Feline Diabetes can be much easier. Take a look at the Vetsulin Insulin Support Group forum to learn more about that insulin, and be sure to post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum. Are you home testing yet? It's the best tool you have to see how the insulin is affecting Mr. Kitty, and to keep him safe.

5. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Thank you! My AT2 tester is arriving tomorrow and I read through the Vetsulin forum earlier this morning. His starting BG was 511 and settled at 134 after his all day BC Friday. Seems to be doing really well, but of course I’m worried sick.

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Please don't worry yourself sick, although I have to admit I felt the same way at first. I haunted this board, read and reread so much information and lost lots of sleep. Don't do that to yourself, it doesn't help you or Mr. Kitty. You are going in the right direction, you are researching and learning. Why don't you go ahead and get the spreadsheet created, and be ready to start recording the BG readings you will be getting. Here is a link on the SPREADSHEET, and a link on understanding the GRID.
    Deep breaths, and know that you are doing the best you can right now. :bighug::bighug:

7. TracieLLL

TracieLLL Member

Welcome! Goofy & I joined yesterday. I’m blown away by all the info, support , and concern that is here on these boards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.