Hello

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AmyB, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmyB

AmyB Member

Hello all,

I'm very new to this as my 4yo Salem was diagnosed about two weeks ago. I thought I was just being paranoid when I googled his symptoms of drinking and peeing a lot but turns out I was right and here we are. My vet has been very helpful and he is currently on ProZinc as well as wet cat food. He's a bit overweight at 17lbs so we're working on getting him and his brother (2yo) to lose a few pounds. This has been very overwhelming for me as a grad student still trying to figure out my life but I'm hoping I can get it under control and this site has been a great help so far.

2. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Welcome! My girl was also diagnosed when I was in grad school so I definitely understand how you feel! Lots of great people here to help you out :)

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

4. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Welcome to a fabulous community were there is a wealth of experience and knowledge. Nice to hear your vet is helpful. There are a couple of things that need to be set up to help us help you.

First, could you please set up your signature. This gives everyone some basic information so we don't have to ask every time. To do this just go to your name at the top right hand side of your page. Click and you'll get a drop down box. On the left list you'll find signature click and give us some basic info. Cat and your name, cats age, weight and date of diagnosis. Type of insulin and testing meter, what you are feeding, where you are located or timezone and any other medical issues.

Secondly we use a spreadsheet here to track BG's which is important for us to see how insulin is affecting Salem. You will find out how to do this on Tech help.
    There is an info post here that has a lot of very useful information http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-how-you-can-help-us-help-you.216680/

We all know how overwhelmed you must be feeling with the new diagnosis and please don't feel that this is too much, it's important, so that you can get the help you need. Just do it at your own pace and if you need any help with it just post back. In the meantime feel free to ask any questions (no question is a dumb question) on either the feline health board or the Prozinc board.

Again a big welcome to you and hope you find this forum as amazing as I do.:):)

5. Jack the Cat

Jack the Cat Member

Welcome.

You have found the right place to be at FDMB.

This group is amazing in their knowledge of this disease, its treatment and just cats in general.

And their willingness to support and guide you through the treatment of Salem.

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Amy and Salem.

7. MeganEvans

MeganEvans New Member

Welcome! I love the name Salem...goes so well with your furbaby. I know you will find so much help and support on this site--it truly is a blessing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.