Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scratches123

Scratches123 Member

I'm not sure if I'm even using this right. Brand new user, haha. My name's Alysha. My cats name is Scratches. She's eleven I believe. She just was recently diagnosed with diabetes about three weeks ago. I'm not super happy/comfortable with the treatment plan per her vet. Shes actually been acting less energetic than usual since starting the insulin and I'm quite concerned we're not going about her treatment correctly yet. Her vet put her on two units of lantus twice a day with her meals. I just started home testing yesterday. Her bg has been hanging out just above 300 or just under. But last night before dinner it was 167, so I opted to not give her the dose of insulin. Was this correct for me to do? How should I be feeding her? How many cans per day and just at shot times? How often should I be checking her bg. And how often should I be doing curves? I'm very new to this, so if you could answer in terms I would best understand, or explain to me what you mean if you abbreviate or use diabetic terms, that would be great, haha. I don't want to miss my window of opportunity to find the best treatment possible for my kitty since shes just been diagnosed. I already feel my vet has messed up, sending me home with no information, just to blind inject my cat for weeks not even knowing what her bg was this whole time. Didn't give me any dietary requirements or excersize requirements.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, Alysha and Scratches. I just replied to your Main Health forum post. Be assured, you have found the right place to learn what to do and get support while you are learning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.