Hello—Need help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zelda & Walter, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

My cat Walter was diagnosed two months ago. It’s been a roller coaster. BG is all over the place. Just got up at 2am to discover that he’s staggering and disoriented. His BG is 95– gave him two cans of food and blood sugar went up to 111, then 117 but now it’s dropped 107. He ate more food. He’s also very thirsty.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome. How’s Walter?

3. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Hi Sharon,
    BG is at 245 and he seems to be back to his old self but I’m reluctant to give his morning insulin.

Sharon14 likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Does Walter have any history of ketones or DKA? If not then perhaps best to skip shot this AM in light of what happened last night which sounds like it could have been a symptomatic hypo event. Did you test Walter when you found him staggering or did you just feed him and test after? A hypo event can make kitty more sensitive to insulin and 3.5u is a high dose of insulin for a kitty recently diagnosed.

What kind of insulin are you using? Can you please add that into your signature when you have a moment. ;)

This is the welcome mat so I would ask that you post any further questions about dosing etc. in the Health Forum HERE.

Also, "GA" stands for Gone Ahead or Guardian Angel so you don't need to add that onto your title. When you have questions, use the "?" prefix.:)

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m glad he’s better! I see you posted in the Lantus forum too. Great! Please keep posting either there or in Health so we can help you figure Sweet Walter out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.