Help?! 4:30pm test was 59, confirmed 3 times!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Candy&Company, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Gosh, this is a first for me! I tested my Fena at 4:30pm EST, she got 59 - I tested 2 more times, 10 minutes intervals for 4:40, 4:50 - all 59... she gets fed at 7:20pm to start (she's a picky/sloooow eater) and usually finishes by :45 - :55 then shot, 3 units ProZinc.

I've been monitoring her on my own since mid-Sept, she's up to 3 units ProZinc, as of 2 days ago - and now, BOOM - 59?! Is it my strips? I tested 3 times.. could they be bad?

I know I haven't filled out her SS, but the last 3 days she's been 214 (high) - 109 (low) on 3 units.

Her next test (1 hr from now)/fed/shot time is 8pm EST - help..?! :nailbiting:

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Breathe Candy, it's not "take action" quite yet, but get your hypo kit out in case. They say test in 15-20 min, so it's about time to test again. And if you can fill in the ss, so others can see at a glance the last days too. I'm not Prozinc but I will stand by and watch for your next post and see what others say. They may not be available right now..?
    Oh, no entries on ss since 9/24, it's going to be hard for them to tell you what the trend has been. Did they or vet recommend the insulin increase?

3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Okay sorry, I've read so much and though I was ok for this but apparently not, LOL. Gonna get another test one sec.

4. Idjit's mom

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  5. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

6am this morning - 334.
    1pm EST - 205.
    4:30PM est - 59, confirmed 3 times.
    5:3pm pm est - 46!

6. Idjit's mom

Ok, she needs a little karo or honey, do you have HC canned food? If you do have gravy, press the gravy out with the lid, and give her a tsp. Or just a tsp of HC or MC pate.

If your cat is testing in low numbers and you are not getting a quick response to your post, there are several things you need to do. (Low numbers are under 50mg/dL or 2.8 mmol/L.)
    Depending on how carbohydrate sensitive your cat is, feed approximately a teaspoon or less of gravy from high carb food or high carb food only. (If you have a cat with GI issues, using a couple of drops of syrup plus low carb food is an alternative.)
    Test again in 15 – 20 min. Depending on the numbers, give more HC food.
    Repeat the above steps every 15 – 20 min. until your cat tests in the 50 mg/dL (2.8 mmol/L) or above range for 2 consecutive tests. Continue to feed in small amounts to keep numbers in a safe range.
    Test in 30 - 40 min. and repeat the test and feed process until there are 2 consecutive tests where numbers are stable or rising.
    Test in an hour and follow the same steps.
    DO NOT become complacent. If number have risen after one or two tests, it’s important to continue testing. Numbers may bobble up and down as the HC food and/or Karo wear off. DO NOT get one test where your cat has risen from low numbers into the 50s and go to sleep or leave the house. You are putting your cat in a risky situation. When in doubt, leave HC food out.

7. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yes I have that, high gravy - I'll do that, do you think she'll dip down still?

I'll give that and test again in 15 - 20 like you said, will follow this to the letter - shes acting ok but lathargic. I won't sleep, believe me!!!

k off to do this, brb.

8. Idjit's mom

I'm not going to guess what she will do, just keep doing the hypo treatment and we will see what she does.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  9. Idjit's mom

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m here too, if I can help

Idjit's mom likes this.
  11. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Okay I gave her ALOT of gravy and she ate 1.5 abouts (food wise), with me tempting her/helping her - lick wise, anyway - it's 6pm EST now, when should I test again? 6:20-30? Fena's sleepy but not to where I can't wake her, I have her right here beside me. Let me reread posts, here I go.

12. Bellasmom

Have u tested since 530?

13. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

If it has been 15 to 20 mins since you fed her, test again to confirm that the food has steered her up some.

Bellasmom and Idjit's mom like this.
  14. Bellasmom

Thanks for responding

15. Idjit's mom

you don't want to give too much food at a time, in case you need her to keep eating. Keep testing about every 15 - 20 min. then give another tsp or so if she is still low

16. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

No not yet, from then till now is 35 min, will do that now!!!

17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

How many hours since insulin was given?

18. FurBabiesMama

If I follow correctly, her shot was at 8am EST, and you got 46 at 5:30pm EST which would be +9.5. Without data, I do not have a feel for when her normal nadir (lowest point in cycle) is. With ProZinc, it should "normally", in most cases, be past by now, and she should be beginning to rise. Hopefully, the food you gave her will have steered her up some. If she has not risen at all or has gone down more, you probably need to move to giving a drop of Karo syrup or the like. Do you have that?

Waiting to see the next test results....

19. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

6:08pm EST, 54 - I'll keep monitoring but should it be 15-20 min, or..? she's still so sleepy. :(

20. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

8am EST, 10 hours 48 min.

21. FurBabiesMama

If you are concerned with her behavior, go ahead and give her a drop of syrup; otherwise, I would test in 15/20 minutes and make a call then. The number did rise a bit, and she really should be on the upswing this late in the cycle.

22. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ok so almost +11.
    If she is very drowsy I'd give her a little bit more food and then test again in 20 mins and post please

Bellasmom likes this.
  23. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

She's been great honestly, this is the first OMG in my bank! She was coming down so slowly, I didn't think.. then, BOOM! I have all her numbers, I'll list them! I have gravy foods and Karo syrup, yes!

24. FurBabiesMama

It happens. We can never really let our guard down with these darn sugar babies. :cat: You are doing fine.

25. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

6:20pm, 69 BG - still sleepy, but awake enough to give me hell but she threw up, 6:19pm EST liquid/plus some food I gave her.. help?

26. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Did she just throw up?

27. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

be kind to your cat and fill the SS now. It is impossible to advise w/o SS up to hour.

If you want get the best eyes on her - make it easy for these eyes to help her.
    do please update the ss.
    The last entry I see was Sept 24th.
    @Candy&Company

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  28. FurBabiesMama

You just gave her gravy food she is not used to eating, correct? Could she have thrown up just because that didn't agree with her? Are there any other out-of-the-ordinary symptoms? You say 'sleepy', is she like normal cat sleepy or is it lethargy?
    On a human meter, 69 is a much safer spot. I would keep monitoring her - both symptoms and check BG again in say another 20 mins.

29. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yes, everything was okay so I thought, then she thew up. I'm syringing now, she's started to shake... god did i do something wrong?! She's at 76 now but she's RAVENOUS - so giving her more of the real food not just the gravy, etc.

30. FurBabiesMama

Are you sure you put the correct code in the meter for the strips you are using?? 76 on a human meter would not be hypo and should not be causing this.

31. FurBabiesMama

If she is shaking, I would be giving syrup rather than food. I would also check the code on the meter and retest because the number doesn't fit with the symptoms. Do you have an emergency vet nearby if needed??

32. Idjit's mom

No coding required on Relion micro if that's what she's using.

33. FurBabiesMama

Okay, thank you. I am not familiar with it. These symptoms sound like a bad hypo to me but the number doesn't match!!

34. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I just got here, but this doesn't sound right to me. I'm not sure why she would be shaking and whatnot if she's at 76...as FBM said above. You said you're syringing food? She won't eat?

35. Idjit's mom

I agree, I am so glad you are monitoring this.

36. Tanya and Ducia

76 on a Relion is ok, safe good number.
    Being ravenous is totally common for many cats - mine including - when in low BG.
    Just feed her a little - a 2 teaspoon fills should do it - the reg foods, like LC.

37. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Why are you syringng if she's ravenous? I agree if she's shaking it could be a hypo symptom, give some Karo and I would take her to a vet. It doesn't seem to add up, I agree

FurBabiesMama likes this.
  38. FurBabiesMama

It's the shaking and vomiting that concerned me.

39. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ditto. @Candy&Company any update? Have you tested again to see if that 76 was right?

40. Bron and Sheba (GA)

What is the BSL now?

41. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yes I'm using the Relion Micro meter, but she's fighting me now trying to do so many tests at once - I've got a whole notebook full I just need to put it in, but this is the first that it's gone bad... god I wish I put it all in, ugh! She's okay now, quiet, responds to me, moves around, etc. She can't stand up though not totally, whatever this is, its messed with her.

42. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would take her to the vet. Don't mess around.

43. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'll be testing again at the hour mark, 7pm EST - or should I do sooner? I dunno... I dunno what to do!!!

44. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If she can't stand up properly, something is not right. And with what has happened in the last hour, it could be a hypo incident or maybe something else. You can't muck around with a hypo if that is what it is. Better to be safe than sorry. Go to the vet now.

FurBabiesMama, Rachel and Idjit's mom like this.
  45. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Honestly Candy, her symptoms are super odd. I think I'd head to the vet too. I don't know what's going on but she's fighting you, she can't stand up...we're simply not able to advise you on that because it may not even be diabetes related..or it may be some sort of symptom of hypo after the fact. I don't know, but I'd go to the vet.

46. FurBabiesMama

A cat whose BG is at 76 should not be vomiting, shaking, unable to stand. Either the meter/strips you have are way off, or something odd is going on. Only you are there with her and can make the judgement call on what to do, but from our end, this sounds very concerning. I hate going to the vet, believe me, but with this, I think I would just to be safe.

47. Idjit's mom

Please take her to the vet!

FurBabiesMama likes this.
  48. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Okay I'm going NOW - I called for a cab, getting myself dressed... we're going! She's "meatloaf"ing, snuggling into herself with her head down, I jiggle, pet, wiggle her and she should care less - we're going! I'll update as soon as I can, I'm so scared!!!!!!

49. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're going! It could be nothing, but better to be certain. Take a deep breath, remind yourself you're doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing to take care of Fena, and let us know when you can how things are. Don't get too freaked out (easy for me to say I know). Sending you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

50. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Well done! Please keep us updated. All the best.

51. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oood god.. I'm sorry I'm so sorry - I got her in the carrier shes still shaking, will be here in 20 min. to go to the emergency hospital - she BG is 103, what could be going on??? She's drooling and not in good way, she's scared and I'm scared...god please.

52. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Breathe Candy, breathe. Okay so the cab will be there in 20 min? Have you called the vet to let them know you're coming in?

53. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I know how frightened you must be feeling,but you have done nothing wrong. You are seeking help for her.
    We are all thinking of you. It may be totally unrelated to her low numbers,but she will be in the best place to get it all sorted out.
    Sending hugs to you and special vines to Fena
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

54. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Drooling could just be from being upset. My cats do that every time we go to the vet for any reason at all.

55. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'm gone, taxi here will type later!! xxxx

Bron and Sheba (GA) and Rachel like this.
  56. Idjit's mom

57. Tanya and Ducia

Since you did not name me in the list I take it you think my comment was the contrary to helping/ rescuing?
    hmm.. maybe you are right.

Thank you, you put me to shame.. never ever will I dare to post my attempted rescue ops again.
    How dared I post among the wonderfulls in a 1st place?.. What was I thinking!

And how wonderful to have such an overseer as @Idjit's mom !
    No one would sort the posters out faster than she did!

Thanks again @Idjit's mom ,
    I'd never guessed how unwelcome I was without you!

PS.I hope the cat is ok.
    I often imagined shaking and tremblings and all sorts when Ducia's started to have her 1st lows.
    I say it not to belittle the legit concern and advice to ER bur rather to hint at a possibility that the situation will resolve none event for the mutual satisfaction. Cheers yo'all!

58. Idjit's mom

Oh, please don't be offended. It was an oversight. I am very glad that you chimed in, and I did go back through the posts and your advice to update the ss was spot on. I do thank you very much. I am still a little shaken by the event, and I also hope that Fena will be ok.

59. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

No, god bless all of you!! God love you all - I'm in the waiting room, they think: 1.) infection 2.) tumor 3.) organ failure.. they're testing her up and down. She's getting IV fluids, antibiotics, etc. I hate these chairs, but, eh.. I'll sit here till kingdom come, I don't care. *sigh* I dunno this part of town, any of it.. but I'm here with my baby. I'm literally sitting in front of her, she's settled down now... not totally though.

60. FurBabiesMama

I'm so glad you made it there and that they are working on getting you some answers. I hope it does not turn out to be anything too bad, and that whatever it is, they can help her. :bighug:

61. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah I hope so too!! But ravenous, yes she was CRAZY eating - just dove into it all crazy like before. She'd never done that previously. Usually she's OK but already a tech has come out and told me Fena's fighting - she never does this, so I'll go once I post this. God, help me. Update soon. xxx

62. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Thank you for the update. It sounds like Fena is getting the best of care and they are trying to find answers.. I hope the news turns out to be something very treatable.
    :bighug::bighug:

63. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Okay talked to the vet, he's not happy - doing my own dosing, on a website, etc. I told him I didn't care. Fena's in another pancreatis stage, plus a minor UTI - syringe for UTI, shot for the infection, if it'd not enough then pills/shots at home. 2 week antibiotic shot, 4 wks fluids.

UM.. how do I do this, fluids? Am still at vets, still asking questions.

Jenna Josie likes this.
  64. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Candy......that is a much better diagnosis than it could have been....what a relief. At least these things are very treatable.
    Keep asking questions. Don't worry about them being unhappy about doing your own dosing.
    Thanks for keeping us updated!

65. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

If you can prick an ear, fluids are easy! I will send another post about that. Sooooo glad they have a diagnosis.

One question: is Fena a sweet, compliant kitty? I had to give a mean cat fluids, and we put him in a “cat sac” to hold him still for the several minutes fluids take. We got it from our vet which I why I ask since you are there now.

Edit: CAT sac, not car sac!

66. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

This is the cat sac (shown next to our civvie). 00C2164D-D982-45D9-87C7-4921602FF4F2.jpeg I think you can get the idea without him actually modeling it! It zips up the back from both top and bottom. Kittie’s head sticks out the top.

67. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh, you really think so? God I hope! Thank you so much for caring enough to post, god love you, I might need your help in the future! I'm waiting for them to release her, I harassed them A LOT - politely of course, but... god, I want my Fena in my arms! Arrg. Lol. These plastic chairs kinda suck.
    :

68. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Here’s a video for giving sub q. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-give-subcutaneous-fluids-video.75933/

Besides getting kitty to hold still, I remember from when I gave these to our old cat that I hung the fluids bag from a door with the kitty on the floor so that gravity helped the fluid more quickly through the tubing.

The one thing is that, unlike with an insulin syringe, you want to insert the (much larger!) needle parallel to the spine vs. at a 45 degree angle.

69. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Are they giving your anti nausea meds like cerenia to take home. Also pain meds. Both are needed for a pancreatic flare up.

70. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

NO, I keep asking for pain relief and they keep saying 'no' - it sucks! I know she's feeling it, she moves "ok" but it's stiff, halted.. I know she's in pain. :( They keep telling me, "Well she has instances of constipation, so no!" Grrr. I didn't tell them I'm ordering CBD oil, screw them! My baby needs it.

I got a 2 week RX of Cerenia, though.

I got 2 banana bags of fluids and a "whee here we go" guestimate on how to use them? I get it, 1-2-3-wise but I'd like some help? @JennaJosie is a miracle worker, god bless her for it vid I'll watch and use it! I'm nervous about the needle and Fena etc. But she needs it... so.... *sigh*

I'm just scared - no practice with fluids, etc. What if I mess up? :oops: Thank you all so much for links on how to do this!!

Waiting for a taxi to bring me and my Fena-baby home.

71. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Also yes, I WILL update fully on Fena's SS - I have it all here, just need to type it! :bookworm:

72. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

So glad to read that you and Fena are heading home now! I don't have experience with giving sub-q fluids, so I'll leave that to others to respond. Sending Fena lots of healing vines though, and I hope you can get some good rest tonight yourself!

73. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oooh! The vet said and I quote, "Your cat is still dehydrated even though it doesn't seem like it! 3.5 tblespoons a day plus 4 overnight isn't enough - water yes, oils and nutrients, no." So.....what should I do?

74. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah she's PRAYING for a cab, she's calling out, trilling, etc. so I'm snugging her inside her carrier - showing her my phone too, which is fun, lol. she wants to go home and I do too, I almost wanna cry but I don't. I hope some people can help me do her prescribed sub-Q's.

75. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

10pm EST test, 184.

76. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

To let you know, didn't shoot tonight - let it ride, watching via testing.

77. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Hi Candy, I’m so sorry you have been going through this! What a scary night for you!

My kitty, Spot, has been getting CBD oil daily since right after his first pancreatitis episode and I can attest.. it helps! Good choice! His episodes seem to be shorter and not nearly as bad as the first one was. And the biggest thing... he eats! Which is super important since his skin was hanging off him when he was first diagnosed. His lack of appetite is always my first clue that things are about to get interesting, so I up his CBD dose immediately.

Giving fluids is not nearly as scary as that giant needle makes it look. I put Spot on the sofa next to me and use my hip to help keep him in place against the arm of the sofa. Gravity is your friend, so I sit right under a curtain rod and hang the bag from there.

You can tell your cat is dehydrated if you pull up the skin on her neck and it doesn’t immediately snap back. If it takes a second to fall back into place, she needs fluids. Also make sure the fluid pouch from the previous fluids session has been fully absorbed before you give more. Check for squishiness in her front legs & chest, as the fluid often settles there due to gravity.

You are doing amazing! :bighug:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  78. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I’ll let others help you with the sub Q fluids but I had to give them to Sheba and the initial thought was the worst. It really isn’t hard.
    To get extra fluids into Sheba I used an auto feeder overnight and used to put in an IceCube of homemade chicken bone stock into each slot (6) so she got up to 60 mls overnight each night. I also put extra water or stock with her meals
    It sucks they wouldn’t give pain meds. That is cruel

79. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Home, yey! Oh bless, yeah I want CBD oil badly so my baby can have it. That's what I want, essentially, no pain or little.

And yeah the needle for fluids is.... big. Yeah.

Fena is good, skin wise, it's hard to tent her skin otherwise - she's too well hydrated, but it's doable. I'm scared to give her fluids. I worry she'll fight me and I'll fail, I'll get injured, etc. I just worry alot....*shakes head* I just worry. I want/need to do what the vet says but.. can you help me, please?

80. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah I'm gonna order an auto feeder, to help me. But I agree, they kept saying "opiate" which could mess with Fena's bowels so I agreed. *sigh*

81. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

You may not get it perfect the first time but that’s ok! There are very few nerve endings in the scruff of the neck so you don’t need to worry you’re going to hurt her. She may jump when the needle first goes in but she’ll settle. If you stick the needle in and she immediately yanks away and the needle comes out... just give her some love and wait a little while to try again. I don’t recommend poking again immediately because the fluid will leak right out the second hole :banghead:

Don’t be afraid to fail. There is a little bit of trail and error in everything. There is a lot of experience in this group but sometimes you just have to give it a try. You got this! :cat:

Djamila likes this.
  82. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

11:30pm EST - 168. Should Fena be ok if I go to sleep?

83. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh bless, because what you've just described happens! God love you yes, thank you for the help!

84. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I promise you, Candy, you can do this! Giving fluids is soooo much easier than pricking an ear for a blood test, even though it takes longer. I remember this: kitty lying on the floor (in his cat sac since he was a meanie when scared or angry; wrapping in a towel could work, too, if she’s a squirmer and you need to keep her from moving around) and me looking at him perpendicularly. With the non-dominate hand, pull the skin up and kind of hold a roll of it between two fingers — imagine your two fingers are a hot dog bun, and the roll of fur is the hot dog :D Then slide the needle in with your other hand parallel to Fena’s spine. Your fingers will both hold the fur roll up so you can slide the needle in and also serve as a sort of guide to get the needle in straight. Then it’s just a matter of waiting until the fluids are in!

Oh, and don’t be alarmed if there’s a sort of lump or big bubble of fluid building up under the fur while you’re doing it. That will dissipate as the fluids work through kitty’s system.

Finally, do hang the bag up high! Curtain rod like @SpotsMom suggested or hang it on a hanger and hang the hanger over the top of a door or a high cabinet. That helps a lot with getting the fluids to flow more quickly through the tubing.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  85. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

She keeps trilling at me, trying to get onto my lap.. so I let her up, snuggling her. When should I test again? What should I do over night?

86. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

That’s with no insulin tonight, right? Has she eaten since you’ve been home? It’s a little weird that she dropped since your last reading but that is a safe number. If you’re worried maybe leave some extra food out?

87. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Awww. Sweet kitty! I’ll let @SpotsMom advise since she is experienced with pancreatitis, but since she’s been heading upward in BG and you didn’t shoot tonight, I would think her ears could get a break with testing?

88. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh okay wow, Lol. Sounds easy but. Hm... how do you hang the bag? I have the items to do it, but... how do you hang it? If I leave Fena for testing or her shot, she does AWOL. I mean do you deal with the equipment THEN your kitty, or...?

Okay so thick skin, her scruff? Along her upper spine, to either side, for sub-Q?

Can I ask, WHY is there a lump - is the process to fast, or..?

89. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Yes I guess I should have started with that. Get everything set up first than chase her down so you dont have to juggle. You will want to insert the needle parallel to her spine right between her shoulder blades. The fluid will usually fall to one side and pool there until it slowly drains away. That’s what causes the bubble/hump back look for a little while. Giving the fluids takes maybe 5 minutes but the hump may last for an hour or so then drift downward and absorb over the course of a day.

90. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

It’s been a long time, but I kind of remember there being a hole in the top of the plastic bag — or a slit or something like that. I stuck the hook of a hanger through that and then hung the hanger over the closet door above where the cat was lying.

91. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh no at 8pm she got 3oz chicken & beef FF, starting at 7:20pm EST finished by 7:49pm - but NO shot, due to her numbers. She had breakfast (finished), (1:30pm finished) and dinner by (8:00pm finished) - no dinner shot, or breakfast shot.

I always leave food out overnight. :)

SpotsMom likes this.
  92. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Her ears were a bloody mess, honestly - tons of pokes to make it worth it, poor thing. I compressed, slathered neosporin, etc.

93. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

No, no insulin tonight - too scared to do that. :( I dunno what happened, honestly beyond saying she was so happy today, sooooooo happy, I dunno if that helps?

94. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

That’s fine! I think you were right to not shoot. She’s dropped a bit all on her own. I’m very curious to see what tomorrow brings!

I’m off to bed now. Try to get some sleep!

95. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

12:00pm - 138 BG.

96. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Will do and you too, thank you so much, sleep good!! :bighug:

97. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I am new to diabetes, testing and insulin so I will not comment on that but what I can say is I had a kitty that I gave sub Q fluids to for quite a while and it’s not nearly as hard or scary as the testing and worrying about correct insulin doses. I used to attach the bag onto a hangar and then hang on a chair to keep the line straight and high so that the fluid went in quicker. The best way I found was if you have someone else available to hold the Bag up high it was easy and better for me mentally to have another body in the room but most times I was alone. I promise if you can test BG -fluids are a “breeze” comparatively. You can totally do this. I understand the anxiety but for me was nothing like the anxiety of testing BG. It’s been a month for me and BG tests and I still feel nervous every time. Once you start the fluids you will see it’s not nearly as scary.

Kris & Teasel and Jenna Josie like this.
  98. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

The 168 and 184 previously were essentially the same number due to meter variance, but since this one is a little lower, why not give her a snack? Again, with no insulin on board, it’s probably not even an issue, but I don’t think it could hurt :)

99. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah I don't have anyone - it's just me, and 2 cats. My Momm'a gone, she was my plus 1 *faint smile* So now it's all up to me which isn't easy! But I've been eyeballing my windows, just in case. I'm nervous though so I'll be posting I'm sure! I thank you so much, I'll need your help and others like it.

100. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Ooh okay, she's been pacing around wanting something so that's good! What do you think for a snack? I have freeze dried whitefish and chicken, cheesey Bradd's yeast, parmesean cheese, Dr. Elsey's kibble (sample) and YoungAgain (bag). I have more too, homemade..

I'm out of my league here so thank you so much for your help (all of you)!