Help?! 4:30pm test was 59, confirmed 3 times!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Candy&Company, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You have earned a reduction in dose with the 46 today.

Also just wanted to mention that the Sub Q fluids run through quickly. ( I know others have mentioned this).
    I was taken by surprise just how quick it was the first time. I found it was best to put a black line across the bag with a black marker to mark where you need to stop. Even then it is tricky. The bag should have marks every 100mls so it is not hard to actually do the marking......just hard to know when to stop.........well that is what I found. Looking up at the bag from below can be deceiving, so stand up to check it if you can.

Jenna Josie likes this.
  2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Oh, whatever she feels like eating. She’s had a rough day! :) By “snack,” for our cat, I usually mean about 1/4 or even up to 1/2 of a 3oz can of food.

3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Hold on... shes throwing up, a big (for her) hairball even though I groom, clean, etc. Is there anything I can give her, to try and help? Her brother Mao, I give him Laxatone (non-petroleum) OTC from the grocery store once a week or more as needed.

4. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Well, that happens, though the timing is unfortunate! Wait till you’re pretty sure it’s just a hair ball, and then try maybe a half teaspoon of food as a mini snack. If that goes well, more of the snack.

5. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

6. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah I see the hairball in the vomit, small, maybe 1/2" give or take - thanks so much!!

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That's good the vet has already marked the bag.
    I don't understand what you mean by 'if the spot on the cat is wrong, can I change it?'

8. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Can I ask, what does coughing mean? I know it's a bad thing but... Fena coughs sometimes, not sustained, it's minimal? I'll be asking more when I have my car, but.. I wonder?

9. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'm sorry, I don't think I said that - did I? I thought I went through them all looking for mine?

10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Fena is doing well! Did the vet give any idea why she was having trouble standing, etc? Either way, it sounds like you got some good info and know how to care for her now! Hopefully the CBD will be able to help her feel better.

Side note, for constipation AND hairballs, you can give a bit of egg yolk powder. I use it on my cats especially when they're on pain meds to help stimulate pooping.

11. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

@Candy&Company How is Fena this morning? I know it was rough yesterday and sure hope today is smooth. Candy, when you can, please fill in your spreadsheet so that the information is available for your own benefit, as well as be available to members so they can provide informed advice. :bighug:

12. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

@Candy&Company I hope all has been going well with Fena. How are her numbers looking? Did you end up reducing her dose yesterday?

Thinking of you. Please let us know how she's doing :)

13. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yeah and it's all my fault!!! I thought this decoration in our basement was plastic but it wasn't! It was a live poinsetta sprayed with.... something, that Fena chewed on, omg. I thought it was plastic.. apparently she got some chemicals in her, I was horrified. But she's ok now, thank god!!!

Okay egg yolk powder... where do I get that? i've been giving her the sub Q, it's hard though! She moves, I try to keep her still... does it hurt her? Tonight will be my last of it.

14. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

She's good!! Yes I'll be filling in the sheet, that's my #1 priority coming up, I have SO much data/numbers. She's good, god bless. I'll need help now, I know that now - I thought it was mathematic, my worst nightmare I was wrong! Thank you all so much!

She's back down to 2.75 units, 129 nadir. The 3 pushed her too far...?

15. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Yes I reduced her back to 2.75, so she's at 129 nadir as of yesterday? I'll get the numbers in ASAP but my 2nd baby Mao is in crisis now, dental wise - his blood work came back, NOT a sugar cat but higher kidney levels, WBC - so he's on Clavamox and Bupe until his dental this week.

16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Candy! I use this egg yolk powder: http://www.foodfurlife.com/store/p9/EZ_Egg_Yolk.html. You can use any I'm sure and I think you can make it yourself too.

As for the SS, yes I wish it was all math! However, as Djamila has said in the past, dosing Prozinc is like science with some art sprinkled in. It just isn't as straightforward as we'd like! But don't worry...we're happy to help. :)

Also I'm sorry to her that Mao isn't well! I hope that the clavamox and bupe get him feeling better soon!

17. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'll look into that, thank you! Yeah my SS is coming, just finished putting it into a spreadsheet I can integrate. Mao is home, lost most of his teeth and needs to loose more as soon as the vet orders. I'm stressed and worried, no different than usual. :(

18. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ohhh I'm sorry Mao lost most of his teeth! He'll be all right though...we've had kitties here with no teeth at all and they lived a good life!

19. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh poor Mao! Yes, as Rachel said, there have been a fair number of toothless kitties here and they do just fine. I hope Mao has a quick recovery and that the next round of extractions goes well too. :bighug: