Help again PMPs 169

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

fed and re test in 1 hr. + 1 no shot is 167. Should I test again in an hour and decide whether or not to shoot or just skip. I can adjust my schedule if I shoot late..

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yesterday AM you gave 2.5 u on a 148. He dropped too low but it showed that you can give insulin on a mid blue PS. Try 2 u and test again at +2.

3. Lisa and little

I actually gave the shot yesterday on a stall and 187 after food. Still dropped too low.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You're still getting too many pinks to skip. Assuming you are at +13 right now, I agree with Kris about the 2u, and then doing a follow-up test two hours later.

5. Lisa and little

I know. Damn I was trying to be consistent now I’m all over again. I’m actualky almost at + 14. Gonna test again in 15 min. Her + 12 and + 13 were identical if +14 isn’t up do you still think shoot but 2U?

6. Djamila

Yes, but if you aren't comfortable with 2u, just make sure you give something. Whatever you're comfortable with is fine (as long as it's not more than 2u) since this is about the data collection tonight. Don't worry about the lack of consistency. Since Little is getting too much insulin, it's more important to reduce than to be consistent for this cycle. As we hone in on a better insulin amount, then you can work on the consistency part.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Djamila

Also, can you clarify what's going on with the meter? Are you using two different meters? Or are you using an AT2 with two different kinds of strips? I see notes on your spreadsheet about AT2 as if it's somehow different than the other numbers - just trying to make sense of what I'm seeing there....?

8. Lisa and little

+ 14 no shot is 136!! She’s heading down!! What now?

9. Lisa and little

Insulin x strips unless noted as AT2 strips only change. Not meter. Every once in awhile I verify the insulin x with AT2

10. Djamila

Have you given her dinner yet?

11. Lisa and little

Yes full meal 2 hrs ago

12. Djamila

I'm going to have to log off for a bit - friend is coming over. You have a couple of options at this point - first, make sure she's had dinner by now. This is a very long stall. I think you could safely give her 1u even at this level. Your other option would be to feed her now, then stall for another hour and shoot when she's high enough. Regardless of how high she gets, no more than 2u tonight or tomorrow - it looks like 2.5u is too much insulin for Little right now.

13. Djamila

Hmmm...full meal and still not rising. That is curious. Maybe you should skip tonight. Let's see where she goes overnight and start over tomorrow.

14. Lisa and little

She’s eaten her full meal at her regular time 2 hrs ago. Still dropping concerns me. Thank you so much for your help and support. It’s truly invaluable. Not sure what I’m going to do... skip or shoot really low. Thank you again. Xoxox

Djamila likes this.
  15. Djamila

It's a tough call. If you do shoot, make sure you get a +2 test. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and collect the data.

16. Lisa and little

Thank you. So very much. Still twirling it around in my mind. Part of me says skip and use the data I just hope it doesn’t set us back .... enjoy your evening and thank you again. Snuggles and purrs from little the love bug

17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa! What ended up happening last night? In the units column after the 136, you have shot but no number. Did you mean no shot? Interested to see where she is today!

18. Lisa and little

It was a no shot ... going in soon at regular time to see what it did to her AMPS #. What a whammy.... so unexpected.

19. Lisa and little

AMPS with NO shot last night is 399. Not much higher than yesterdays 377 with 2.5 the night before. Confused. Shot 2U this morning. Let’s see where this train takes us. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated !

20. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! That's actually pretty impressive. It was always going to be higher since there was no shot last night, but as you said it wasn't that much higher than normal. Let's see what happens today.

21. Kris & Teasel

Good advice from Djamila about consistency, etc. I know I recommended a few days ago that you try one dose AM and PM for a few cycles. That was to see if Little would settle more. Now you're in a stage as Djamila pointed out where you have to react to what you're seeing. That's necessary when low PSs pop up. Once you're past that then consistency rules once again. I know this is tricky and confusing but you'll get better at making these adjustments over time. There a reason why we call it a dance and why we say dosing ProZinc is a blend of art and science.

22. Lisa and little

Just crazy how she didn’t get a food spike last night and actually still went lower! Let’s see what today brings. My “Little” experiment. I never could have imagined it could be this crazy. My chiropractor had a diabetic kitty for 17 years... he just shot same dose of insulin with no testing except occasional vet curves all that time. Sheesh. Thank you all for your help and concern. To be continued....:rolleyes:

23. Djamila

Lisa, it's up to you how you keep your spreadsheet, but I'm going to make a suggestion anyway ;) I wonder if it would be clearer to put those extra numbers last night into the cell for the hours in which they happened? So 169 would be your pre-shot, 167 would be your +1, and 136 would be your +2 since those are the hours when the tests occurred.

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  24. Lisa and little

Makes sense. At the time I entered those I was still hoping to get a shot in. I will definitely adjust. Thank you

25. Lisa and little

Fixed my spreadsheet thanks Djamila. So at 2 U today we got a + 3 of 262 + 5 of 245 and a + 9 at 211. Unfortunately I had to leave for a few hrs so don’t know if she’s rising or falling at + 9 as she may have hit a low at + 6-7 or 8. . Based on this what would you guys suggest as a dose tonight assuming she’s on her way up from 211? If she’s still heading down at PMPS I will defer to you all once again. Sorry to be a pain in the butt

26. Kris & Teasel

PMPS permitting, stay at 2 u for now. You've seen that 2.5 u will drop her too low. After 3 or 4 cycles at 2 u we can reassess.

Djamila likes this.
  27. Lisa and little

Thank you ! That’s what I was thinking.

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  28. Kris & Teasel

If she needs an increase later, you'd bump her to 2.25 u (eyeballed). That's with U40 syringes. If you're using U100s you can go to 2.2 u.

29. Lisa and little

She was 366 PS. Have 2 u even though my gut said bump a bit. Let’s see what that does till tomorrow. Will get a +4 and hopefully a 6 tonight. Thanks Kris!

30. Djamila

After a skipped shot, it can take a few cycles to get back on track. I think holding at 2u for a few cycles is a good idea. You were seeing a lot of bouncing at 2.5u.

31. Lisa and little

So much bouncing in general I’m gonna have her try out for the Harlem Globtrotters. !!!I never knew adjusting by PS only could mess her up. Thanks for clearing that up.