Help and Support needed for Fuzz

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fuzzsmom, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzsmom

Fuzzsmom New Member

6/10/10 Update- The doctor called me at work yesterday and said that Fuzz wasn't doing good and I should start thinking about making a decision on whether or not to continue treatement. I left work and went straight to the vet's office. He doesn't look good is very weak and not moving really, they are feeding him by hand and he is on IV fluids, antibiotics and fast acting insulin. They had only been treating him for two days at that point. I called this morning and no change. I know it takes longer than two days to come back from DKA, he also has a higher white blood cell count than before, at first it was 45,000 yesterday it was 61,000. I just need some advice from everyone, he's pulled through this before and it took like six days of treatment at least and he wasn't a hundred percent when he came home after that but got better and better. I'm not willing to give up on him but I really need support right now. I'm really annoyed with the vet for even suggesting that I start thinking about not continuing treatment after only a few days. I don't know if i should take him somewhere else or keep him there, I don't want to stress him more by moving him to another vet but I just don't feel like they are confident about it so i don't know how much that is effecting him.

Update- Just got off the phone with the vet his bg is coming down well on fast acting insulin, he threw up around 2 pm a little bit. the doc said his blood tests all looked fairly normal however his white blood cell count is around 45, he said normal is 18 to 21. He mentioned possible infection, they have him on antibiotics but he also mentioned cancer. does anyone have experience with this?

Hi all,

I need all the prayers and well wishes you can spare right now. Fuzz has been sick for a couple days now and stopped eating yesterday, he crashed thursday night and had a mild seizure but seemed ok afterwards. He threw up all yesterday and I took him to the vet first thing this morning. He's lost a bunch of weight in only about a week and maxed out on the ketone test strip, I had been testing him at home and he was negative about a week ago. He's at the doctors now, he's pulled through this three times before with all your prayers so I'm hoping you all can spare some more for my little guy.

Thank you all for being here!

Love

Stephanie, Fuzz, and Muffin(civvie)

2. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Re: Prayers needed for Fuzz Please!!

So scary! I hope Fuzz feels better really soon.
    Sending healing thoughts your way

Odiesmom

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Prayers needed for Fuzz Please!!

I will keep Fuzz in my thoughts. I hope he is feeling better soon.

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Re: Prayers needed for Fuzz Please!!-UPDATE High wbc count

Sending healing thoughts & prayers your way.

5. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Sending prayers and healing thoughts that Fuzz will be all better very soon.

~M

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Fuzz...

7. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Fuzz. I hope he's feeling better very soon!

8. Fuzzsmom

Fuzzsmom New Member

Thank you all for your prayers and help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.