? Help deciding on dose for cat sitter

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi everyone.

So I’ve had Josie on 1.6 since Sunday night, down from 2 units and a super crazy Saturday that ended up with a 50 AMPS — and therefore no shot — on Sunday morning. As of last night, she seems to have cleared any bounce and/or No Dose effect and is starting to dip her toes in the blues for nadir.

I will be out of town after tomorrow’s AM shot and not back until Wednesday’s PM shot. We have a cat sitter who is a pre-vet student in whom I have a lot of confidence even though she doesn’t have a lot of hands on experience. She will be getting PS tests but not middays.

Question: what about dosing while we’re away?

Since Josie is still mostly yellow, I was thinking maybe hold at 1.6 as long as the PS is above 200, and then maybe 1.2 between 150 and 200, and then No Shot under 150.

Does that make sense and/or sound good? I know that the advice is typically to have the cat sitter reduce, but Josie did just have a pretty big reduction of 0.4, and she’s only just barely getting into the blues ... though I do also see that every day she is coming down overall each cycle ... and of course I don’t know if she is going to level out here or keep coming down each cycle.

I will get a +4 here in a couple of hours, but it is just possible she stole a couple of bites of contraband from the civvie! Hopefully she didn’t and we’ll get a true +4.

Thanks for any advice!

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I see what you mean about the slow little wiggle down with the PS's the past few days. I've kept Sam's dose the same before when leaving town if he's in a stable phase, so reducing isn't always necessary. However, I'm not convinced that Josie is all that stable right now given those PS numbers. Maybe see what she gives you tomorrow? They are all close enough in range, that it might just be a coincidence that they look like a downward trend. You could also just do a small reduction like 1.2 or 1.4.

3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Aaaand . . . her +4 is 105. (Which probably means that tomorrow morning's PS will be elevated since she'll spend some time in the greens tonight. Yay for greens; boo for timing!)

I think I better have the cat sitter go with 1.2.

Would it still make sense to give her a sort of "range"; e.g., 1.2 if over 200; 0.8 if over 150; No Shot if under 150?

4. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

I would give her a range and I think you will feel better & not worry as much if you do

Djamila likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with giving ranges too. Since she won't be able to monitor and steer during the cycle, you want to be more conservative than usual.

6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Done! Thank you both.