Help! Dose advice!! AMPS 136 / PMPS 170

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mayka Otto, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayka Otto

Mayka Otto Member

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I havent had a diabetic kitty in so many years I do not feel comfortable giving dosing advice. But hang on I will try to find someone
    what insulin do you use?

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

It looks like Prozinc, newly Dx. With numbers in the 70s yesterday, both cycles. I would stall, not feed and test again in 20minutes. I believe with newly diagnosed Prozinc users, shooting under 200 isn't recommended.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

Not knowing the complete health history I dont think 172 is so high that you cant get it back down quickly again. (Please remember I'm not comfortable giving dosing advice) What type insulin are you using? With that info I can go to the proper section and ask someone to come over to help.

5. Mayka Otto

Mayka Otto Member

[QUOTE = "jt and trouble (GA), post: 2515034, member: 155"] Sin conocer el historial de salud completo, no creo que 172 sea tan alto que no pueda volver a bajarlo rápidamente. (Recuerde que no me siento cómodo dando consejos de dosificación) ¿Qué tipo de insulina está usando? Con esa información, puedo ir a la sección correspondiente y pedirle a alguien que venga a ayudarme. [/ QUOTE]
    Prozing

6. jt and trouble (GA)

I posted for help on the prozinc board. BTW I dont read Spanish all that well. :p

Hang on someone will come help.
    jeanne

7. jt and trouble (GA)

Oh dear I just reread your post! I AGREE!

8. Mayka Otto

Mayka Otto Member

[QUOTE = "jt and trouble (GA), post: 2515034, member: 155"] Sin conocer el historial de salud completo, no creo que 172 sea tan alto que no pueda volver a bajarlo rápidamente. (Recuerde que no me siento cómodo dando consejos de dosificación) ¿Qué tipo de insulina está usando? Con esa información, puedo ir a la sección correspondiente y pedirle a alguien que venga a ayudarme. [/ QUOTE]
    It is a cat of 9 months and perfect analytics, no health problem except diabetes

9. Mayka Otto

Mayka Otto Member

[QUOTE = "jt and trouble (GA), post: 2515040, member: 155"] Publiqué ayuda en el foro prozinc. Por cierto, no leo español tan bien.:pag

Espera, alguien vendrá a ayudar.
    jeanne [/ CITA]
    OK, thanks!!!

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Entiendo un poco.
    Yo creo que como es usted nuevo, con Prozinc, no se sugiere administrar insulina por debajo de 200. Puedes volver a probar? El número debe aparecer.

English: I think since you are new, with Prozinc, you shouldn't give insulin for numbers under 200. Can you retest? The number needs to be higher.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  11. jt and trouble (GA)

AGREE!

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I have answered on the Prozinc page but I answered in English. If anyone can translate it that would be good thanks,

13. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

Bron and Sheba, Mayka has been doing well using Google Translate, I believe. In any event, I just went into the other thread, and used Google translate myself. Mayka has said the Google translate is understandable enough, though I'm sure it is not as good as having a Spanish speaker.

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for that information @Juls and Billy. that’s good to know. I’m using my iPhone a lot of the time so can’t use google translate.

Juls and Billy likes this.
  15. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Over in Prozinc forum now, helping Mayka. Veronica is there also trying to help with any Spanish translations for Mayka.

Trying to keep Mayka in the Prozinc forum for now, in the same thread.

Figuring out now what time she tests tonight in Spain.

She just had to get a new meter too. Old one died.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Reason for edit: clarification of testing time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.