Help for Koa - has been through it all, having trouble with raw food now

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sunvsmoon, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunvsmoon

sunvsmoon New Member

Hello -

I am here to help my kitty Koa. He has been through quite a bit with his diabetes. He was diagnosed a few years ago and went into remission. Then, he was put back in insulin late last year after a pancreatic episode. We started with ProZinc, transitioned him completely off of dry food, and on to different types of wet foods. Nothing seemed to be helping (through glucose curves at the vet and at some very difficult ones done at home) so he was switched to Lantus by his vet about a month ago. He fully transitioned over a week's time frame from canned food to raw food (Rad Cat) about a month ago. I've done three curves on him so far and his numbers just seem to be going up. I am confused and sort of at a loss (and worried) which is why I've joined. I am having a hard time trusting his vet at this point as they tried to put him on some "special" diabetic cat food which had a carb count through the roof. I have gotten pretty good at testing for ketones at home after his ER scare so those are under control. Looking forward to helping him and meeting everyone!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having trouble regulating him this time around. If you post on the lantus section there are loTso of very experienced folks on there that can help you with finding the best dose to treat Koa.

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.