Help for Molly #2

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adrienne & Molly (GA), Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Look at Molly today! :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    Loving those numbers and so glad you are home to monitor her so we can find that "sweet dose" for when you are back at work. As Kris has said, you've made a lot of progress and Molly is in good hands. Those first lower numbers are always a bit nerve wracking but as you get to know more about how Molly reacts to the insulin, they will become more "normal" and comfortable for both of you.
    Check her at +4 and then we can decide how to proceed from there. How long do you think you errands will take?

Adrienne & Molly (GA) likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Let's see what the +4 test shows. It might be wise to plan your errands for after +6 today. Can you do that?

Even though the food switch isn't finished you've changed it enough that her insulin needs are a lot lower than they were when she was on only S/O wet and a full cup of dry. Isn't it amazing how big the food effect is?

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Glad you came for a visit, Linda! :)

4. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m happy and nervous at the same time. I think I’ll probably be a couple hours with errands. But not sure I can always come home and go back out. Just have a few things to do before 12 today.

5. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

I have 2 errands that have to be done before 12. I’ll do the +4 run out and be back

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I see Molly has gone up a bit now. That may be more of the kibble showing up in her BG at this point. Kibble takes longer to digest so it takes longer to see full effect and for it to wear off. Molly is safe so go do your errands and let's check her again around +6. You can leave her a tsp or so of FF to nibble on in your absence.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Time to start "Help for Molly #3", Adrienne. :) I think there'll be quite a bit of discussion over the next few days while we figure out the back to work dose.

8. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Created a new thread :) and I’m home for now.

9. Kris & Teasel

Are you near +6? If so, try a poke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.