help...funny but not spilled sugar on diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kays8cats, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Hi friends ok here is the epic fail of the day. I was going to reach into cabinet to get treats to reward elmo my diabetuc for being good for his bg test and shot.. a whole tupperware container of sugar fell out and all over the place including elmos head and entire

body!!!! Ugh got to be kidding me!!

My question is....will he be ok? I tried to brush most of it off of him but there is still grains of sugar like sand in his fur....

Was worried if he grooms he is going to ingest a lot of sugar ...shouls I give him more insulin?

Was going to bathe him but that would be a 2 person job he is fiesty

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

no, no more insulin. i don't think that would be safe personally.

just brush him off real good. if you can play rough with him a little that might knock some out of his hair. like some of my boys like it if i rub my fingers back & forth in opposite directions down their sides with a little more strength than a regular pet. of course with Psycho, he then thinks i'm playing and he starts tossing and flailing and wrestling with my arms but that's just him. :). if you have a flea comb or a regular cat brush, maybe use those a little bit, and just sweep up the floor real good and let it go at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.