HELP....further hypo advice needed..

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth 73, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thank u, thank u for checking on me...going to keep him at .5 today and keep SS updated...I have NO DOUBT that U helped save his life ! In agreement with u ab Oliver/Brittany... believing the vet will know exactly what to do ....mercy

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

It is a good idea to ask the vet who to call in an emergency. In small towns like I live in, we can call the vet 24-7 and someone will come out to the office. I had a cat get hit by a car on a Sunday afternoon and met the vet at the office 10 minutes later. In farm towns, vets have to be available to come out to care for expensive animals all the time, if they don't, they won't have a practice for long.

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I guess the big question is whether the country vet considers a cat an "expensive" animal vs. a cow or pig that is worth a bundle to the farmer and his family. In Oliver/Brittany's case, it sounded like the vet is not available 24/7, and he prescribed too high a dose of insulin to a cat that wasn't eating so I seriously wonder, if he correctly diagnosed Oliver given the symptoms and exam findings Brittany provided. I'm sure there are great country vets but I wonder if some of them treat cats as if they are barn cats rather than beloved pets. I'm still worried about Oliver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.