HELP... Maybe out of Honeymoon

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kristine, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristine

Kristine Member

Hi everyone.
    My cat Christopher has been in a HoneyMoon phase for over a year and a half. I have only been testing his blood once a week and it has ALLWAYS been in the 75-95 range. Today he wouldnt eat and was lethargic so I tested and it was 377! I gave him .2 of Lantus . I am going to test again in an hour. I am worried! Any help is good help.

I recently adopted 2 kittens and I KNOW that he has been eating thier kibble. Could this have caused the spike??

Thanks... Kris

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

The kibble could have caused it. Corn meal was the first ingredient on the bag of kitten kibble dropped off at my house.

3. Kristine

Kristine Member

ok,,, thats what i thought. With 7 cats its SO hard to make sure he doesnt eat anyone elses food... and to be honest... I have given him the kibble for a week or so mixed with his food. MY BAD. hope that this works itself out.

4. Kristine

Kristine Member

just checked again and went from377 to 238! better but not great. Will check again in the morning. Not as scared as I was 2 hours ago.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Don't leave down regular kibble. It's not good for any of your cats or kittens. If you must leave kibble then only one that is less then 10% carb. Young Again Zero carb, Dr. Elsley's Clean Protein chicken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.