Help me help a cat recovering from DKA - on FAF

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karrie and Maverick, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Someone joined FAF last week with a cat recovering from DKA. No home testing at all, sent home with an etube and DM food, very bad advice from a vet, no home testing no nothing. I have helped a number of existing members with their feeding tubes and know enough about DKA. I have not helped a newbie not doing testing.

I'm having a difficult time breaking through - a feeding tube alone is enough to fry an owners brain. Lack of sleep and worry and it is scary. I was there. I couldn't imagine home testing and learning diabetes at the same time.

So I need your guys help. I've posted many times about joining FDMB and pushing home testing. Another member chimes in about the Yahoo diabetes group. I could not have managed Maverick's diabetes without you guys and would trust my cats in any of your care.

I'd like - a video showing how easy it is to home test. Anything else you think would be helpful to get her over here and testing? She is having a lot of issues with her feeding tube and learning that a vet does not know everything.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

And to help anyone stressed out:

Attached Files:

4. Karrie and Maverick

This is amazing! I loved the breathing document too LOL. I sure could have used that when Maverick got his feeding tube. People on FAF used to tell me to breath - brings back memories.

Thank you!!!!

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Karrie, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

I would let her know that you don't even need as much blood as is shown in that video, anymore, these days, and that most of our kitties come to us at testing time and look forward to it and their treats. Tell her about the bond that is formed with time.

6. Karrie and Maverick

I see she did join below - could you reply there? It is Lynn and Kitten. I'd appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.