Help... Need advice on pm shot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Btwinny, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

Hi there. Shot time is now, I had tested scout 40 mins ago and she was 140. (Empty belly). So I held off on shot, tested again 40 mins later... 146. Should I dose her? Take it down to .5u?

2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi -- I'm here! Hang on a second while I look at your SS . . .

Btwinny likes this.
  3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

From your SS, both of today's cycles look like both of yesterday's cycles (with meter variance, 210 & 238 are basically the "same," as are 146 and 159), and it seems she did well on 1u last night. It also looks like she is coming up now, maybe just had a long cycle with a nice overlap. My guess is that if you reduced the dose, she would end up in the low/mid 200s by +3 (at least, that's what my kitty would do, but ECID, as always!), and so if it were me, I would give the regular shot. The *only* reason I would hesitate is that she's still pretty new after diagnosis. Can you stay up with her if she needs it? Or if you were nervous, maybe skinny it up a tiny bit, just shaving a bit under 1u.

4. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

I can only stay up about 2 hours tops and that's pushing it. She's only 2+ weeks diagnosed but since I moved down to 1u I love the amount of blue I'm seeing (that red a couple days ago may have been a fur shot). I'm more nervous about her going too low as opposed to being able to manage or regulate a higher number in the morning

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I totally get the need to sleep, and also that we all need to do what we individually feel comfortable with. Given how well she did on 1u last night on a very similar number, if it were me, I would not skip the dose altogether. Do you have 1/2 unit markings on your syringes?

6. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

I don't have the half markings but it's pretty easy to tell the half way. Since it's getting later I did a shot..... .75. I did do another test. She was moving up to 156. So I'll test her in 2 hours and wake my butt up in another two hours. She's worth it

7. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Sounds good! The +2 will hopefully let you know if you can get a good night's rest! (if it's higher or about the same, then you can relax :) if it's quite a bit lower, then getting an additional test in will let you know if she's going to give you an "active" cycle)

8. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

That's good to know . Thank you!!!