? Help needed with glucose measurement interpretation please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Suzy65, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzy65

Suzy65 New Member

Please could someone direct me to the right place on the forum. I've just done a blood test to practise for my first curve tomorrow but can't locate the spreadsheet info with colours to indicate whether readings are high, normal or low - using Alpha trak and prozinc- just got a very high reading 4 hours after food and shot and am worried - 460- drinking and urinating bucket loads- it was 363 preshot- still in stabilisation and expecting vet to increase prozinc from current 0.75 units - thanks

2. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Suzy65

Suzy65 New Member

Thank you so much- I can't find where it says what the colours mean though....

4. Ana & Frosty (GA)

You're welcome.

You'll see the color breakdown it right on the top of the actual google docs spreadsheet.

As for what is considered "normal" or not, I would consult the ProZinc forum for some guidelines on what the goal numbers are, and how/when to adjust dosing.

Hope this helps!

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

The colours themselves do not mean anything specific.... they are simply broken down in 100 point increments except in the lower ranges. They are a way to see patterns on the spreadsheet. That said, Black, red and pink are high, yellow and high blues are better, 150 in the mid blue range to 68 in the dark green range are normal and anything below 68 (lime green) is too low and requires your attention to prevent hypoglycemia. Your goal would be to have your kitty sitting in the 68 to 150 range for the a good portion of each 12 hour cycle.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  6. Ana & Frosty (GA)

The <68 is considered low if you're using the pet-specific meter, like AlphaTrak2. If you are using a human meter, the ranges are slightly different. Just be sure select the spreadsheet that corresponds to the type of meter you are using. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.