I've been posting about Smokey before and here is a recap: She had DKA a week or two ago (been so worried I can't even keep track of time). She survived. Tests at the hospital and vet (no ultrasound or x ray, just blood urine etc) revealed ever so slightly elevated kidney levels, and nothing else apart from ketones/DKA. Since surviving, Smokey has only eaten well one day, I believe when her BG was controlled, and she was given an anti nauseant. The vet sent her home when she started eating. She went downhill. We brought her back. An X ray revealed her stomach to be larger than it should be. He gave her meds to help her stomach empty. A follow up X ray showed the stomach emptied and was back to normal size. She's still not eating or drinking well. He sent her home to see how she would do tonight, and if being at home would help her. We've given her an appetite stimulant but she's not eating much, not drinking at all, and sleeping more than usual, both naps and just plain lying down when she's in the middle of being awake and checking things out (not normal for her). We're calling the vet tomorrow; he is worried and wants to hear how she is doing. It also turns out (didn't know this) he doesn't have ultrasound with him; it comes to his office certain days of the week. So he won't have it til next week, I think Wednesday. I'm really worried about my cat right now and my vet is too. He did say if she's not better we'll run other tests, maybe more on the kidneys, and of course the ultrasound. I'm worried about waiting until Wednesday. I could bring her to the hospital again but her bills this week have been about 5K already... hospital would charge a fortune I'm sure, and they haven't been the ones monitoring her for the most part, but could get the ultrasound sooner. I wonder if she could have pancreatitis? My poor angel is so thin her body width almost fits in the palm of my hand. The fact that she ate well when on anti nauseant, at least that one day, made me wonder about that. What would you do? I know I'll see what the vet says tomorrow, but about the ultrasound, and testing sooner? The vet also forewarned us, that there could be something wrong, and the ultrasound may not show it necessarily. I feel at such a loss for what to do. I love her and want to nurse her back to health. I'm at home with her all the time and am not seeing my family this whole thanksgiving weekend just to monitor her and make sure I get to enjoy every second with her. Oh also she's on 1 unit of humulin N twice a day (vet doesn't think switching insulins is a good idea right now). Her BG is in 100s at peak, and 300 at time of shot. For her that's pretty well controlled (compared to DKA numbers for sure). Prior to this whole thing I took a stool sample to the vet b/c I saw a worm after she sat on me. She's an indoor cat and vet didn't think it was likely, but had her tested anyway and she was negative for worms. She hadn't been peeing as much as usual and when I tried giving her even half a unit of insulin she acted like she had low BG. So that's had me worried--that she had a prior medical condition which kicked this whole thing off. But if she survived DKA with something else undiagnosed, that proves how strong she is and I have faith she will fight through this too. Any advice appreciated, Smokey's anxious mommy, wanting to restore her angel to full health.