? Help Please! Short notice changing shot time

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Meghan, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Advise needed, please! I am not going to be able to give Shelby her 1.5u of Prozinc in the morning because I have to be at the hospital for my dad's surgery at 5am. Will it be OK to miss one shot? I usually shoot her at 7am and 7pm. OR is there a way to adjust her shot time tonight? I feel like adjusting for a 2 hour difference will be a stretch. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

We’ve all given fur shots so I doubt if one time would be a problem. I would skip the dose even though prozinc is the in & out type. They say you can get away with a 1 hour difference with prozinc; that’s what I was told anyway.
    Beautiful kitty wow!! i hope your dad’s surgery goes well too!

Kris & Teasel, Djamila and Meghan like this.
  3. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Thank you for your quick response!

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yes, Becky gave you some good advice. Sometimes larger shifts can be made, but it really depends on the BG numbers you're seeing, and when the insulin peters out for your cat whether or not that can be safe. If you have a spreadsheet you want to share, we could take a look, but if not, then go with Becky's suggestion to think of it like a fur shot for now. :)

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I won't repeat my whole fb post...worry about you and your Dad...

HUGS too...

(aka Elde Squeek)

6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

I saw on fb that others said it’s ok to adjust. I was just going by what I was told... I hate missing shots but I didn’t know if a 2 hour difference was acceptable! Sorry if my advice was incorrect you guys!

7. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Becky! It's just fine if we have different thoughts! There's no 'right' or 'wrong' in a situation like this. You sure don't need to apologize. She can skip or she can delay and work back whichever makes their day easier. HUG for you too!

8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

There’s still a lot I have to learn but I like to help! I can learn this way too. I just don’t want to steer someone wrong as I’m still a newbie! Thanks sweetheart! Appreciate that! I like learning new ways!

9. Djamila

@Becky & Baby Girl Kitty - given the info we had to go on here, your advice was spot on. It sounds like there may have been more to the story over on FB, but most of us don’t use both places. I was happy to see you jump in and help, and your advice was sound!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you! I’m here more than there! Just love helping!

11. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Thank you, everyone, I feel it best to just skip Shelby's morning shot tomorrow and then resume tomorrow evening.

12. Squeaky and KT (GA)

I apologize to all of you, I should have repeated my post instead of just referencing it above. Here was my advice to Meghan there:

13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

No worries Lyresa! We knew you'd give good advice ;)

And Becky, we're glad you jumped in too! Part of the point of this board is it's peer-reviewed, so we can give different advice if we ever feel differently and the bean can decide what works best for them. Please keep jumping in whenever you feel you can!

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  14. Djamila

Yes to all of this! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.