Help! Ran out of Onyx's normal food and need something for in the morning!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CandyandOnyx, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CandyandOnyx

CandyandOnyx New Member

Hello! I order Onyx's food through his vet and it hasn't arrived yet. It usually arrives by now, but I guess the delivery is taking its time.
    He gets his breakfast before I go to work, so he'll be eating at 7am, so no pet shops will be open. Right now my only option is walmart. Are there any suggestions for what I can give him until his order comes in? I'm hoping it'll be in by tomorrow evening.
    Just a little background: he's currently in remission and he's eating two cans of royal canin glycobalance each meal.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any typos or anything. Currently freaking out a bit!

2. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Could you just feed some Fancy Feast? The normal classics are low in carbs.

Attached Files:

3. Sean & Rufus

Although the stuff your feeding now is higher carb, so not sure maybe you want a higher carb food...

4. CandyandOnyx

CandyandOnyx New Member

I didn't know it was higher carb! We got him from a vet and that's what they've been feeding him and it's been doing okay I suppose. I got him some fancy feast classic, but of course he doesn't like it. I have some nine lives dry food here that I feed my non diabetic cats. Do you think I could give that to him? I really should've thought about it earlier and asked the vet before they closed, but I've been scatterbrained.

5. Sean & Rufus

Oh I don't know. Maybe feed him the dry, but just not a lot of it? Too bad he won't eat the Fancy Feast. Have you seen the list for wet foods? They say to try to stay under 10 carbs. I think your was 15. I guess just another thing to think about. But if he's doing ok on the stuff your feeding, maybe it's ok.

http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

No, stay away from the dry food...if he's in remission now, you want to keep him that way!!

Friskies pate's, Fancy Feast Classics, 9-Lives ground are all easily available....maybe you can find one he likes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.