Help! Should I shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FluffBunny, Sep 13, 2018.

1. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Gomez has been consistently high, but this morning his AMPS is 162 - the lowest preshot he has had. Should I give him his regular dose of 2.5 units>

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Will you be able to be home today and monitor? It is a nice safe number and a gift to be able finally shoot a blue. But, you will want to be able to monitor and make sure you have enough test strips and higher carb food.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Looks like you had all ready given him the 2.5. Good job! Start by getting a +1 and a +2. Looks like he is on the rise from the +9 and +11 that you got. Those numbers are great for just this reason.......you know that he is on the rise and not a number that is falling. That makes the decision of shooting easier.

When you get a chance, remove the 911.

Leah likes this.
  4. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Actually, I haven't shot yet. He didn't eat much this morning, so I syringe fed him a little FF. Will shoot and monitor. Thanks for your advice.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey, just checking in on you. As you can see the cycle went upwards which is what I thought would happen as he is not used to being in the blues. Those PM + 10 and +11 that you got are really helpful to know if he is rising or falling at AMPS.

As he gets more used to being in blues for longer periods of time, he will hopefully bounce less and bounce lower.

Glad you didn't lose any momentum by not shooting. :)