HELP! Starting Testing Today!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Cole's BG was 102 at +7 today. Is this good and when should I test again?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. Please add to your signature what kind of glucose monitor you are using. There are differences in numbers between pet meters (AlphaTRAK) and people meters.

102 sounds like a lovely number to me :) You should always test pre-shot then test at different points during the cycle, as you can, to see the impact of the insulin given and make sure Cole is not going too low. I do not know anything about HumulinN, but +7 is pretty late in the cycle, so it does not look to me like he is at risk of going too low during this cycle. So, I would say you probably do not have to test again until the next pre-shot, unless you just want to in order to gather the data. (Speaking of data, you will want to set up a spreadsheet to log your test results and doses given.)

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

It's a nice number - but you don't know if Cole was even lower earlier. I'd get a +7.5 or a +8 to see which way he is heading.

At this early stage, the more data you have the better. The more data you have, the better the decision you can make (with help from here if needed).

Please do get a +11 and ask for advice before shooting the PM shot.

4. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Can someone set up a spreadsheet for me as I have tried with no success! I am technically Stupid.

5. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Oh and thanks sooo much for the help with testing. I don't think I can get him regulated without help. Thanks again for your replies!

6. beene5052

beene5052 Member

I retested Cole at +8 and he was 223BG. I made a mistake on the first reading tho. I had the paper over the monitor so don't know where he was at +7. I will test at +11.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting those first tests in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.