Help! Third eyelid showing in both eyes

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Leigh B, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

Anyone know what might be causing this? My boy is going downhill fast. His neuropathy is to the point he can't take more than a few steps. Now, his eyes are pitiful. Going to the vet today, but not until 4:00. This is awful!

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hang in there Leigh. You have the vet scheduled and that sounds like the best thing right now. Hug Murphy until then. Thoughts and prayers are with you both and let us know what the vet says. :bighug:

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you are going through this. I would be calling the vet, telling them this and seeing if you can rush Murphy over! Surely he can be seen sooner, this sounds bad.

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It could be anything that causes that...third eyelid showing is a symptom of illness but I don't think it means a specific illness. I'd definitely call the vet and ask if they can fit him in any earlier. How's he acting other than that?

5. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I'm sorry your morning is starting out rough. Hang in there. You are doing the best you can. Definitely try calling the vet again.

Keep us posted.

Good luck!! :cat::cat::cat:

6. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

I've been sitting in the floor with him. He's drinking water when I put it in front of him. That actually seems to be helping his eyes a little. Maybe this is a dehydration issue? Trying to keep him hydrated. Testing his BG (6 hours after dose) in an hour. Fingers crossed for a good #. Hoping to get his BG stable, so that this Zobaline will kick in for his neuropathy. It is so awful to watch him walk.
    Thanks for the support! I'll let you know how it goes!

7. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

8. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

You had a vet visit at 4 right? How did it go?

Have you considered ever testing for ketones?

9. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

He's seeming better. Drinking water and it seems to be helping with his eyes. His BG was good and eyes cleared up a bit. Watching him closely.
    Will keep you posted!
    Just got a low pre-dose number.... nervous about giving too much. Still trying to get the right dose. He just had 162, and I'd planned on 3 units. Don't want to give too much... advice?????

10. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

Tested him last night (ketones) and it showed Trace on the indicator. Worried right now because he is at 162 and I was planning to give him a three-unit dose. That is as high as I have gone. Wondering if I should go more conservative on his dose?

11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I answered on your other thread. Maybe stick to one thread for now so you don't miss posts?

Tina and Gracie (GA) likes this.