? Help!! Throwing up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TritonMom, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Hey Guys,

Today I gave Triton half a can of Friskies Turkey & Giblets (2.75oz) around 6am. He threw up all of it and then tried to eat it. He normally eats Fancy Feast Classics a whole can. FF is just a bit pricey for me.

I am about to give him his insulin (Vetsulin 2.25u) but I am hesitant because of that. Please help!

@MrWorfMen's Mom

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Just seeing your post.

Has Triton eaten now and kept it down?

3. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

No. I wasn't sure if I should feed him again since I already had given him food and threw it all up. I checked his BG to see if it went up or down and it was at 497.

I decided to give him the insulin 2.25u......he seems to be ok but I am worried...

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

It's important with Vetsulin to ensure Triton has some food in his system so when the insulin starts working it has food to work with. Please try giving Triton a tsp or 2 of food again now and wait 10 minutes and see if he keeps it down. If he seems Ok give him the rest of his usual portion.
    Normally we suggest feeding, waiting 20 to 30 minutes to ensure food is staying onboard with Vetsulin so you need to get some food into him. Yes his BG is up, but we don't want to encourage a huge drop when the insulin takes effect as that won't make Triton feel any better.

5. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

I normally give him food @6am then insulin at @6:30am. I am thinking the half a can of Friskies was just too much. He eat currently eating 2 tsp of food. Let see what happens...

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Is this the first time you gave Triton the Friskies? If so, it could be that it just doesn't agree with his tummy. If he's had it before, then perhaps it was a case of scarf and barf due to the volume. In any event, it's good that he's eating now.

7. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

I believe he has had it before one time while staying at a friends house but not since his diagnose. If it's a case of scarf and barf then maybe he needs smaller portions. He eats his food sooo fast.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

If he kept the 2 tsps. down, give him a little more at a time until he's had a full portion so he can't inhale it. Sounds like it might have been scarf and barf and with his BG that high he was probably ravenous and just dove into it. CATS!

9. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom,

It has been about 25 mins and he has kept it down....hopefully for good lol

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  10. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Just gave him the rest little by little. Still going crazy at it lol. Hopefully he will keep it down.....

11. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom,

He kept it down! He is at 513 right now.... gave him a little snack.

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

You mean he's gone up 90+ points since AMPS, roughly 5 hours ago? If so, I have to wonder if he dropped lower last night after that reading of 120 at +4. He might have dropped more or it could be a bounce from the large drop between PMPS and +4. In any event, great he's keeping the food down and for now just keep an eye on him.

13. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

This is so frustrating! I think I’m sticking to goood old fancy feast for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.