Help? What do I do? 8/30/2019-Blaze PMPS 408, +2 284, +3 198., +3.5 185, +4 207

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sarah and Blaze, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

We're almost to +3 and his +2.75 was 198. Do I need to feed Blaze some MC food?

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I would. That was a big drop, he's nowhere near danger now, but you want to slow him down some.

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

I'm sorry Sarah, but it's 1am where I am, and I don't think I can stay up much longer (this is already hours past my usual bedtime, I am not a night owl!). I think you should post a message on Feline Health, which usually has more people around.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm still up and will keep watch

5. Sarah and Blaze

@Nan & Amber okay thank you! I just gave some MC food, will test in about 10 and will post on the main board if I need more help.

6. Sarah and Blaze

I completely understand! I'm not a night owl either! Before Blaze's diagnosis, I would be in bed by 8pm every night. Get some rest!

7. Sarah and Blaze

Thanks Lou! Testing again here shortly to see if the MC food helped.

8. Idjit's mom

Sarah, Bron & Sheba is online too. She's very experienced and knowledgeable. One of my favorites!

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

OK, I can at least stay up until the next test! And luckily, Lou is also here to keep an eye on things for a while (thanks, Lou!).

10. Sarah and Blaze

+3.5 test and Blaze has dropped again to 185. Give more MC food?

11. Idjit's mom

See if he will eat another tsp of MC, he's not in danger just dropping a little fast.

12. Nan & Amber (GA)

Yeah, I agree. He's slowed quite a bit from earlier, and he's probably not going to go much farther as the Novolin peters out, but just in case.

Nice to see him in blues tonight. Hope he doesn't bounce too badly from this big drop tomorrow! And now I really do have to go-- good luck with the rest of the night, he's doing great!

13. Idjit's mom

G'night Nan. Sweet dreams.

14. Sarah and Blaze

Goodnight Nan, thank you for your help! Tomorrow is a new day, Blaze starts Lantus!

15. Sarah and Blaze

@Idjit's mom

He ate some more MC food, how long should I wait to test again? 20 minutes? 30 minutes?

I hope I don't have this many late nights once we are on Lantus. I've only been doing this for two weeks but the late nights and early mornings are catching up!

16. Idjit's mom

I would test again in 10 - 15 minutes. I know you are getting pretty worn out, and we will have to see how he reacts to the Lantus. Paws crossed you will not see the same kind of results.

17. Sarah and Blaze

All four paws crossed!

It's been 10 minutes since his last MC snack, I'll give it another 10 and test, unless you think I should test now.

18. Idjit's mom

No, I think that will be fine in another 10.

19. Idjit's mom

Deep calming breaths, darlin'. You are getting there and I really think the Lantus is such a great decision. I am pinning my hopes on remission for Blaze so he and Idjit can play together at The Falls.

20. Sarah and Blaze

21. Sarah and Blaze

Thanks Lou! I stayed calm for Blaze. I know these numbers aren't dangerous but that he was dropping a little too quickly. He likes to do this when I want to TRY to go to bed early :joyful: who am I kidding?!

Blaze is looking forward the the possible day he can play in The Falls with Idjit too!

22. Idjit's mom

I can't remember what exactly Linda said about the duration of the Novolin, do you remember? I would offer another tsp or 2 of MC and I think he will be ok. If you like, you can try to stay up another 10 - 15 min and test again.

23. Sarah and Blaze

She commented in my other thread (I started this new one when Blaze dropped @ +3 and I wasn't getting a response and wanted to confirm to give MC food). She said,
    "Ok likely he's hit his nadir and possibly starting a little bounce from that beautiful blue. Leave him a tsp or so of LC just for munchies."

So I will leave some LC food out for him and head to bed! Thank you for sticking around with me Lou! Blaze says thanks Autie Lou!:cat:

Tomorrow is Lantus day! Get ready for posts and questions!:nailbiting:

Goodnight Lou, thank you again for your help tonight:bighug:

24. Idjit's mom

I will be at the blood bank hooked up the apheresis machine for about 3 hours, but I will be watching on my Kindle for progress. Talk with you tomorrow. Don't be surprised if he bounces from these blues tonight.

25. Sarah and Blaze

I need to go donate, American Red Cross calls me all the time for my universal blood! Should do that soon.

I’m expecting a bounce in the morning, Blaze likes to house!

Goodnight, talk tomorrow :bighug:

Idjit's mom likes this.