Help with Abby's Numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by markieAbbysMom, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markieAbbysMom

markieAbbysMom New Member

I tested Abby this morning and she was at 317. I gave her, her insulin. Fast forward 4 hours and I go into my bathroom, she likes to lay in there. She gives me no acknowledgement. I pet her, put my hand in front of her eyes. Nothing. She's just laying there with her eyes staring out. I pick her up. She lets out her normal squeal. I test her and she's at 180. First she's never been in the 100's since I've been home testing. I know that's getting towards normal numbers but for her with her having numbers sways in the high 200's low 300's is that low blood sugar? Should I give her karo syrup when it gets down that low? She seems ok now.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

No, 180 is still too high (but it's better than 200-300's!!)

We don't intervene with Karo until they drop below 50 on a human meter, 68 on a pet meter

You will help us to help you if you'll start keeping track of your numbers on our spreadsheet. We really are very data-driven here and really depend on seeing what's been going on when we give advice.

Here are the Instructions on setting up the FDMB spreadsheet, but if you have any problems with it, feel free to send me a private message and I'd be happy to set it up for you!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. markieAbbysMom

markieAbbysMom New Member

Thanks!! I'll try to work on that spreadsheet soon!!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

No Karo. If you wanted to offer a small low carb snack you could, but she wasn't anywhere close to too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.