Help with Dosing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sarah&Soph, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Hello all! Sophie and I are new to the forum and I am looking for some help with dosing.

Sophie was initially diagnosed in May 2018 and started out on 6 units of Prozinc twice a day, which she did well on for quite a while, but we have had a heck of a time regulating her diabetes since about last October. After MANY food changes (she also has IBD and chronic pancreatitis), an insulin switch, and finally getting the hang of home testing, she has been doing much better.

She was previously on 0.5 units of Vetsulin, and then most recently 0.25 units. This is where I need some advice: some of her preshot readings have started to be kind of low ish (this afternoon's was 170 on a ReliOn Prime meter), to where I don't feel quite comfortable giving the entire dose. I've seen that some people do a sliding scale, which is what I did this evening, giving her a VERY small amount, about maybe 0.15 units, and I will test her throughout the night. Is this appropriate to do, and if so what is the best way to go about deciding how much to give? What kind of numbers should I definitely not shoot at?

Here is her spreadsheet for reference. The notes on the side are important to consider, as I am still just recently learning the ins and outs of home testing and have made some goof ups lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yUL6SpNOBAC8Q11HXmDwF03hFMJB2Q0v5fhh_Lxu9Sw/edit?usp=sharing

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Thank you Sharon, I will try posting over there as well :)

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Great! It’s a quiet forum, so you may need to be patient, but someone will be by to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.