Help with food/treats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nikk2413, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikk2413

Nikk2413 New Member

I am new to the sugar kitty world and me and Oliver are struggling a bit. I am trying to transition him to wet food which has been extremely hard because he wants nothing to do with any meat. He is a total dairy lover. Cheese, milk, yogurt, sour cream, you name it. He won’t go anywhere near the wet food even with some dry food and his favorite temptations dairy treats. Any tricks/tips? Also, I know temptations have carbs in them but has anyone ever given cheese as a treat? Any help is appreciated!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Is hard at the beginning so try the lowest carb treats that he accepts and gets excited about because if he doesn't like the perfect low carb treat you miss the whole purpose of it being a treat, give him some treat he really likes for now and slowly you can try and change it later, if cheese does the trick if it were me I would try it.

Actually I started bribing Babu to allow the testing and meds, etc with a piece of comercial smoked turkey breast (I know lots of salt and chemicals in it but it worked :rolleyes: ) later on I started giving him boiled pieces of chicken

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

the canned fancy feast creamy delights have milk in them and are low carbs i do believe, have you tried those?

the way i finally got all my cats to eat wet food was finally ridding of their dry food and leaving no food out all night (about 10hrs) on first day (they were use to free-feeding). next day i left wet food out all day and none overnight. After that i left wet out all day and overnight and all have been regularly eating wet only since.. on first week i did give them all a tbsp of dry food as their treat just incase they weren't getting enough calories on wet alone yet.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.