help with home testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hdeso, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdeso

hdeso New Member

Hello I was not sure if this is ok to post here or not but I am really struggling with home testing my cat Clyde he is a very big cat and he is not cooperating with us at all! I have watched videos and tried many tips and tricks to get him to cooperate but he just will not have it! my question is there any way I could find a person on this site that could possibly come to my home to help me or teach me and Clyde how o home test? I live in Dubuque Iowa.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi. And welcome to FDMB. You could post in the Health forum HERE with a title like "? anyone in or near Dubuque Iowa who can help us learn testing" to see if there is anyone in your area willing to help.

In your request post perhaps you could share a few more details of what you have tried so far and you may find others who have had the same issues, have more useful tips and tricks to share. Sometimes a bit of brain storming from the folks here can help immensely. Some cats are more co-operative than others but most can be "trained", possibly with a little bribery, to get used to testing. Sometimes though it takes a lot patience and a step by step approach. :)

hdeso likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I hope someone can help you. All I can say is keep trying and give a treat each time.

Not the best way but some people have actually tested as the cat was eating. It's a way to get started until kitty cooperates. Worth a try.

hdeso likes this.
  4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Testing is hard at first. I know. It will get easier.
    I wish I lived closer. I would come help you learn.

hdeso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.