Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leslie & Alley

Leslie & Alley Member

Alley isn't lifting her head and barel;y walking. She was at the vet today for a follow-up and her potassium is low. I med will be ready tomorrow but since I have had her home after the vet....she is barelly walking and not lifting her head up when she wa;lking and pretty much laying down w/her head on the floor. Will she be ok till tomorrow when I get the med? Very worried!!

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i don't know the answer but i'm gonna put a 911 out on the other forums for you

3. Leslie & Alley

Leslie & Alley Member

Thank You!! I put 1 on the Diabetic board.

4. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

I wish I had an answer for you, I hope Alley is going to be okay!

5. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

When potassium is low cats cannot lift their head........almost like a stallion with the head tucked way down. Wish the vet had started her immediately on supplement but once she gets her potassium level back up she should be okay.

6. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

We didn't know Firday and most of Saturday about Tucker's potassium and he was at the clinic for the days and home at night. He started the supplement on Saturday night and by Sunday evening he was much better. His lethargic, lymp like state started on that Friday morning.

I'd prefer if you could start now, but hopefully it should be okay.

Going forward I do call my vet a week in advance to be sure they have the Tumil-K pills in stock, we've got Tucker on 1.5 pills BID, he takes it crushed in a spoonful of A/D that I warm up with a tsp of water. He eats it right up like a treat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.