Help!

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Matthew J, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew J

Matthew J New Member

IMG_5579.JPG We began home testing our furr baby Jaxson yesterday and we aren't seeing any improvements in his readings...
    He's on Caninsulin and the vet prescribed 4U am/pm post feeding but he went hypo last Wednesday and we had to drop his dose down to 2-3U per since. His readings are still coming in at 33.3 both pre and post meal/shot and the same after 4.5 hours post shot.. we will do his next test tomorrow am before feeding but I'm confused at what to do if his reading comes in at 33.3 again.. am I to Up the unit of the dose back to 4 if that's the case or keep him on 3 each time???

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Can you please download Google Sheets and get the group spreadsheet going? Plug in all the numbers you have. It's so hard to suggest anything without the numbers. When I see people giving doses like 4 it really concerns me... The high preshots could be a bounce! Rarely does a cat actually need a dose that high.

What mid cycle numbers do you have?

3. JanetNJ

4. JanetNJ

We haven't heard from you in a few days. How are things going?

5. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

6. JanetNJ

7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Yes sadly it is the same kitty.

upload_2017-1-27_11-50-39.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.